Yoke PTT Problems on upgrade

Nick Warren

Yoke PTT Problems on upgrade

Post by Nick Warren »

I have one of my yoke buttons assigned through FSUIPC with kepress on to "PTT on for SB, etc, etc" and off when released. After the upgrade, when I push my yoke button to transmit, it force logs me off of PilotEdge every time. Not sure what the change was or how to fix it. I realize my description of the problem is somewhat vague, but I will help out in any way possible with information.

Nick
ValinHawK

Re: Yoke PTT Problems on upgrade

Post by ValinHawK »

I'm having the same problem. I have FSUIPC designating my Thrustmaster yoke trigger to send out "Scroll Lock". In PE, in the Voice Options, I kept the default Scroll Lock defined as voice transmit. In the sim I can hear ATC transmissions. When I pull the Trigger switch on the yoke, I see on my screen that Screen Lock is being activated but nothing is transmitting to PE and the Tx light does not light up.

In FSUIPC, do I select the "key press repeats" feature -- that's what I have selected. And nothing being sent on key release.

Thanks,

Valin Thorn
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

I changed my PTT to "Left CTRL" because the INS button holds some other function that causes me to yaw like crazy if I push and hold it and Scroll Lock is assigned for SweetFX. I do not have my FSUIPC mapped to a specific key rather I have it set as PTT on for SB in the drop down menu. I also have my key press feature repeats checked, and in the other drop box I have when button released to PTT off for SB in the drop down menu.

Note: This is how I had it set up in the previous software with no problems. I made no changes to FSUIPC.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The external PTT needs to be configured to send the signal once for the PTT to start, and then to stop the command when the button is released. If it sends the 'press' repeatedly, it's going to trigger the shortcut for disconnecting, which is 5 clicks of the external PTT within 4 secs.

My guess is that if you hold it again, it will connect again, because the shortcut works as a connect or disconnect depending on your current state.

Try to configure it to press and hold, rather than to send continual presses. In any case, I'll have a look at it as soon as possible when I return from this trip over the weekend.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Guys, see this other thread: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4145&p=26482#p26474

If you disable the 'repeat' option, it should solve the issue as suspected.

The reason this wasn't a problem in the past was because we didn't support the shortcut for the connect/disconnect until now.
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

Keith Smith wrote:which is 5 clicks of the external PTT within 4 secs.
How am I supposed to turn the airfield lights on at night then? :lol: I'll give it a look Keith, thanks.

Nick
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you Keith and Rick.
ValinHawK

Post by ValinHawK »

Thanks Keith, that was the problem. In FSUIPC, for my yoke trigger key, I turned off "repeat key presses" and on key release, it sends another "Scroll Lock". Did quick test in FSX with PE and it worked. Didn't test if the "On Key Release" sending Scroll Lock again was necessary. Headed to our hangar to get our real bird built and will try a sim flight tonight.

Thanks again. And a big thanks for founding PilotEdge!

Valin
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

No need to send the keystroke again upon release. The button push should mirror what happens with the keypress. Hold to talk, release to stop talking. It's not a toggle, where you press once to start talking then again to stop talking.