Can't communicate on Comms

dyoung

Can't communicate on Comms

Post by dyoung »

Hi everyone,
I updated my pilotedge software and now no one can hear me. I can receive, when I key the mic the pilot edge transmit light indicates transmitting. I'm using defaults for sound as I did before. I do get Audio indications in my window setup that the sound card is hearing the mic as I see the indicator flashing when I speak. Any ideas?
dyoung

Re: Can't communicate on Comms

Post by dyoung »

I did get the com working. I went into the windows recording device settings, and reset the mic as the default and it started working....problem solved..
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The new audio system uses the 'default communications device' if one is defined, otherwise it uses the 'default device'.

In many cases, the 'default communications device' is not what people are expecting it to be. Glad you got it going.
jcgonzalezsed

Post by jcgonzalezsed »

2 question i can use the PTT either with the keyboard or with the YOKE, if i want to use the keyboard which key is the one i can use
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

go to the options screen in the pilotedge application and click on the voice tab.

you can set the push to talk key there. It is the scroll lock key by default.
jcgonzalezsed

Post by jcgonzalezsed »

ok done

now i cant connect the pilot edge app with My user and password

it sent a message

"UNABLE TO READ AIRCRAFT POSITION FROM SIM. ENSURE SIM IS RUNNING AND VERIFY PAUSE ON TASK SWITCH IS OFF IN THE SIM GENERAL SETTINGS"

what i should do
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

JC, you're emailing support and posting in the forums at the same time. I'll post here instead of replying via email, then.

Can you verify that you have selected the aircraft and airport from the free flight menu and that the airplane is now parked at the ramp of an airport?

What is the exact version number of FSX that you're using? Go to the Help->About screen in FSX.
jcgonzalezsed

Post by jcgonzalezsed »

Can you verify that you have selected the aircraft and airport from the free flight menu and that the airplane is now parked at the ramp of an airport?
yes i did

What is the exact version number of FSX that you're using? Go to the Help->About screen in FSX.
v10.0 build 60905.00
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ok, that is the problem. You have the original version of FSX. You must have Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed, as described in the minimum requirements section of the installation instructions.
jcgonzalezsed

Post by jcgonzalezsed »

good point i read that when i sign for trial

but when i installed the program it comes with 3 CD i read on Microsoft website that if you install the 3 CD you will have latest updates

anyway let me download and try again

let you know