my clients freezing

Ajb172

my clients freezing

Post by Ajb172 »

hi, i'm not sure where to post this but, for some reason my PE client keeps freezing and i have to close the client and restart. iv tried restarting my pc and redownloading and installing the client. this started happening after the latest update i did a test and it seems it happens when i do a radio call, but i'm not sure and i have the repeat when button held checked off. pic below. please help me at your earliest convince.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (4.64 MiB) Viewed 5308 times
Keith Smith

Re: my clients freezing

Post by Keith Smith »

moved this from the General forum to the FSX client forum since this is an FSX client issue.

Try using the keyboard (scroll lock by default, unless you've mapped it to something else) to trigger the PTT. See if the result is any different.
Ben Farney Jr

Post by Ben Farney Jr »

FYI Keith, I had the same thing last night as I was starting the takeoff roll out of SAN. Frame rate went to 5. Had to close via task manager.
It took three attempts to get the client to reconnect.
I have my PTT mapped to M via the client with is mapped via FSUIPC keystroke with is also mapped in the PFC DLL for the Beech yoke.
Never had the client hang before, have had disconnect do to funky ISP issues. Rebooting the ATT router seems to help fix it for awhile.

Ben
Ajb172

Post by Ajb172 »

Ben Farney Jr wrote:FYI Keith, I had the same thing last night as I was starting the takeoff roll out of SAN. Frame rate went to 5. Had to close via task manager.
It took three attempts to get the client to reconnect.
I have my PTT mapped to M via the client with is mapped via FSUIPC keystroke with is also mapped in the PFC DLL for the Beech yoke.
Never had the client hang before, have had disconnect do to funky ISP issues. Rebooting the ATT router seems to help fix it for awhile.

Ben
Ok, i tried mapping via fsuipc's keystroke, pic below on ho i have my PTT set up, and its still doing the same thing keeps happening. i even tried to use just the keyboard controls and it as still happening. sorry the pics are so big.

Ps, Keith, i'm not sure hat you mean hen you said "Try using the keyboard (scroll lock by default, unless you've mapped it to something else) to trigger the PTT. See if the result is any different."
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (3.46 MiB) Viewed 5231 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (4.07 MiB) Viewed 5231 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

What I mean is, bypass FSUIPC completely. Map a key to the PTT function via the PE application directly. Try the PTT that way and tell me if you still have the problem.
Ajb172

Post by Ajb172 »

ok, i just tried deleting my fsuipc command for PTT, and it worked fine, now i need to find a way to map it to my controller. I've tried doing this " Ptt Transmit On (rw Or Avc)" and having my PTT mapped to M via the client which is mapped via FSUIPC keystroke.