FSX - Turn off AI radio traffic?

Perk

FSX - Turn off AI radio traffic?

Post by Perk »

Is there any way to disable the AI radio traffic while connected to Pilotedge so I only hear live ATC? Will dumping the air traffic sliders in game do it, or is the traffic based on the Pilotedge created AI traffic?
Kevin_atc

Re: FSX - Turn off AI radio traffic?

Post by Kevin_atc »

Setting the AI Traffic Sliders to 0 should take care of the problem (and it's something you should do anyways in order to avoid being hit, or hitting, another airplane).
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The FSX version of our client includes a module which should disable the FSX AI traffic when you connect, then restore it to the previous state when you disconnect. If you're using P3D then the module won't be installed and you'll have to disable AI manually.
Perk

Post by Perk »

Thanks Gents, looks like I was still getting UT2 traffic and chatter for some reason last night. Stopped UT2 traffic and the chatter went away.
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

Perk wrote:Thanks Gents, looks like I was still getting UT2 traffic and chatter for some reason last night. Stopped UT2 traffic and the chatter went away.
The PE client will only shut down FSX AI (Default stuff). UT2 has to be shut down manually either by the menu or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+T.

Nick
serious_simmer_FSX

Post by serious_simmer_FSX »

about that CTRL+SHIFT+T thing

is it just me? Because every time I do that it keeps coming back and reloading, I have to keep doing it all the time, keep turning it off.

What is the real trick to turn it off?

The only way I know is to go into the UT2 config program and shut it down in there then it is off permanently.
Nick Warren

Post by Nick Warren »

UT2 will reactivates if you do something like switch windows for example. For instance, I run FSX full screen so I have to ALT+Enter to go to something like PE, REX, SPAD, whatever. When i reactivate FSX to full screen, UT2 will repopulate. Also if you switch locations, reload something or things like that. Otherwise CTRL+Shift+T keeps it suppressed for me.