Protocol error

TexFly

Protocol error

Post by TexFly »

Hello,

I have installed the new client, connected to the server and radio check with ground. It worked...until I got a disconnect message saying "Protocol error". I tried about ten times and, in order to reconnect, I had to close the client and re-open it. Every single time (random duration) I got kicked out.

I even asked ground if there was a problem with the server and I got a negative answer since there were about 16 pilots already flying.

I have been with Pilotedge more than a year with no connections issues.

Do you have a log where you can see the reason why my client is disconnecting? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Alex
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
pdepperschmidt

Re: Protocol error

Post by pdepperschmidt »

Same issue. It actually worked fine earlier, then I had to reboot the computer. Now it just says protocol error.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex,

This seems to happen for some people when they're surrounded by quite a bit of traffic. We haven't been able to work out why so far, but I haven't been able to allocate much in the way of resources to the problem. The server removes you if it doesn't receive a position report from you for a while, and if it receives no response from a ping. I need to do some extensive debugging to find out why it can't talk to certain clients under certain circumstances.

For now, I'd suggest reducing your MP visibility to just a couple of miles, let me know if that helps.
pdepperschmidt

Post by pdepperschmidt »

It might have something to do with the airport. I was able to get on from SNA. My problem was at KRHV.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

I was at KSAN. I tried again following Keith suggestion (5 miles than 2 miles) with no luck. Disappointed. Now that I started taking flight lessons again...

Tried multiple times (again). I was getting "cannot connect to server" and "protocol error" if I was able to connect.

Hopefully you guys can fix this quickly.

Please let me know.
Alex
Alex (N705AT)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex,

It hasn't been a widespread issue, but it's still something I'd like to fix. I did hear you calling at SAN today. If you can test it this week while I'm online, I'll try to observe it in real time.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Ok Keith. I'll try. It will be one of the evenings (today or tomorrow...) after 6pm EST.

I will post here when ready.

Thanks.
Alex (N705AT)