my partner could not see my aircraft

yigalshamir1

my partner could not see my aircraft

Post by yigalshamir1 »

Dear PE members
Can anyone help me with the topic of formation flying?
I tried yesterday to fly with another PE pilot. (Not cockpit sharing, but two helicopters flying one next to the other). We set the time and the place and both of us made it on time.
2 problems:
1. I could see his aircraft but he couldn't see mine (neither the visual of my chopper nor the red data block you usually see above the aircraft. Any Ideas?
2. We could talk to each other in a designated frequency (123.02) but when we did we couldn't monitor ATC. In other words: is there any way in FSX and PE to actually use COMM 2 and listen to 2 frequencies simultaneously?
Thank you!
Keith Smith

Re: my partner could not see my aircraft

Post by Keith Smith »

You can only monitor one frequency at a time on PE. ATIS is not handled by PE, that's why you can monitor ATIS and PE simultaneously.

Regarding him not seeing you, that would likely be a result of PE trying to create an aircraft that it thinks you have on your hard drive that you don't actually have on your hard drive. For a sanity check, try having him connect as a C172 for the ICAO code and see if that works first.

Edit: I've moved this from the Fly-ins forum to the FSX client forum. Please try to pick the most appropriate forum for your posts to reduce the moderation workload.