saitek rudder not working properly

dedalo

saitek rudder not working properly

Post by dedalo »

hi guys , I am pretty fresh to flight simulator and I am having some issues. I bought saitek yoke ,throttle and rudder.The very first day everithing looked fine but the rudder. The brakes did not work and I used the keybord ; then I unistalled and reinstalled the the drivers but nothing changed in better , the rudder does'nt work properly , if I try to use it operates on the aileron and the elevator ;I tried to unistall again but now I am not able to install it any longer.I tried on 3 different pc's with different OS (windows 7 and 8.1 both 64 bit) and even Xplane. Any suggestion?
Keith Smith

Re: saitek rudder not working properly

Post by Keith Smith »

when you tried it with xplane, did you map the rudder pedals to the 'yaw' function? WIth xplane, none of the axis are mapped by default, you have to map each one individually.
dedalo

Post by dedalo »

I didn't , honestly it was the first time on xplane and I found it very complicated; I tried on fsx but I didn' succeed ; my z axis is on the throttle and I am not able to change ; plus I am not able to remove the rudder driver neither to install ; if I try to install first I find a message that I already have that driver and I may overwrite and when I try to do so and I connect the rudder trough the usb port the pc don't see it; if I try to unistall the driver I can't find them on device manager
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

dedaldo, mapping the controls in xplane takes about 20 seconds if you'd like to revisit it. I can't offer any guidance on the FSX side, sorry, but hopefully someone else can.
ccapilot

Post by ccapilot »

FSX is a bit tricky because you need to assign the function you want based on each controller. I mean in the control axes assignment window, you will notice that you have to separately select yoke as one controller and assign their axis, then select the rudder pedals as a different controller to assign their axis. I am not sure If I am being clear enough. You should not need to do anything with the drivers, at least I have never done anything with them. Let me know if you have been able to solve the issue. Alternatively please advise if you want to contact me via Skype, there is a function where I can see your screen and then I may be able to help guide you through the process.. Good luck.

Cristian Caicedo
Flying is my passion, Aviation is my life.
Cristian Caicedo
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I have the Saitek yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals. I use both X-Plane 10.25 and 10.30 Beta. Both recognized the Saitek products without adding drivers (with the exception of the Saitek radio panel). However as others have pointed out, it is necessary to map the functions under Settings, joystick & settings look at the axis tab.

Perform the "Calibrate Joystick Hardware" if not done already.

Do you see any lines in RED? if so, there are unmaped functions. Move the rudder pedals and you should see one of the indicators move. Once you know which one are the rudder pedals, then "map" the rudders to the Yaw function. It will also be necessary to do this for the right and left toe brake.

For the Saitek radio panel, a special plug in is needed to work under x-plane.

Note, honestly it was easier to set up the Saitek yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals under X-Plane than FSX. However, the radio stack worked "plug and Play" under FSX where as the X-Plane took slightly more work (the work was in finding the plugin).
dedalo

Post by dedalo »

thank you guys for your advice
I spent some time in mapping the controls and at the end of the day (litterally :D ) I came to the conclusion the rudder is defective , I wrote to saitek and
hopefully they will do something : Another problem that I had, probably, that was driving me crazy was the fsx demo version I was using ; I unistalled it and reinstalled the full version and , at least , I mapped the yoke.
Another issue I am facing is a left banking tendency ( and is not torque ) that show up not just after the first installation but after a while , I assume is related to the faulty rudder; anyway if some of you guys has a clue about that please let me know
thank you again for helping me that fast :D :D
dedalo

Post by dedalo »

wmburns wrote:I

Note, honestly it was easier to set up the Saitek yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals under X-Plane than FSX. However, the radio stack worked "plug and Play" under FSX where as the X-Plane took slightly more work (the work was in finding the plugin).
yes , it is true xplane is easier for mapping the joystick
ty for heliping
dedalo

Post by dedalo »

ccapilot wrote:FSX is a bit tricky because you need to assign the function you want based on each controller. I mean in the control axes assignment window, you will notice that you have to separately select yoke as one controller and assign their axis, then select the rudder pedals as a different controller to assign their axis. I am not sure If I am being clear enough. You should not need to do anything with the drivers, at least I have never done anything with them. Let me know if you have been able to solve the issue. Alternatively please advise if you want to contact me via Skype, there is a function where I can see your screen and then I may be able to help guide you through the process.. Good luck.

Cristian Caicedo
ty
I 've probably solved /understood the mapping thing .If I did not I will bother you via sype :D
dedalo

Post by dedalo »

Keith Smith wrote:dedaldo, mapping the controls in xplane takes about 20 seconds if you'd like to revisit it. I can't offer any guidance on the FSX side, sorry, but hopefully someone else can.
you were bloody right , mapping in xplane is quite easy :D