saitek rudder not working properly

wmburns

Re: saitek rudder not working properly

Post by wmburns »

dedalo wrote: Another issue I am facing is a left banking tendency ( and is not torque ) that show up not just after the first installation but after a while , I assume is related to the faulty rudder; anyway if some of you guys has a clue about that please let me know
Did you perform the joystick calibration?

Just wondering, when the rudder pedals are moved, do you see the green bars on the calibration screen move? When you release pressure, does the green bar return to center? If moved to the limit, does the green bar move to the limit as well?

When I first installed my Saitek gear, under X-Plane it was almost un-flyable. Near constant movement of the controls was needed. Take you eyes off for even a split second and the plane was out of control. By adjusting the sensitivity and "null zone" was able to create something that was hand flyable.

Along the way I learned that if the plane itself is in "trim", it's much easier to fly. In other words, changing the sensitivity and null zone won't make up for an out of trim airplane.

I also learned that if one went too far using sensitivity and null zone to make the plane more stable, it creates an unrealistic flight model.

For me it was a big help to map one of the yoke toggle switches to trim. Then you can re-trim without taking your hands off of the yoke.

Here's some more information on Sensitivity and null zone.
http://wiki.x-plane.com/Configuring_and ... X-Plane_10