No Tx and general multitasking issues

matt100psi

No Tx and general multitasking issues

Post by matt100psi »

Hi,

I'm using PE with FSX Accel. I also run FSXFlight for use with WingX.

I just fired up FSX for the first time in a few weeks and everything seemed to work fine except I could not transmit on PE, which was working fine last time I used it. I tried my normal PTT G940 button, keyboard key, changing the keyboard key in both FSX settings and PE settings...nothing has enabled Tx. The PE Tx light does not illuminate and controllers do not respond, though I can hear others and the Rx light illuminates. I restarted both FSX and PE many times including system resets.

Secondly, this is a separate (and not new) issue, but I'm not sure of the best method to get PE started with FSX. FSX really does not like task switching on my system (win7 64-bit) after I've started a flight. If I try to log into PE before starting a flight (while in the FSX startup free flight window), PE doesn't log in. If I start my flight, then switch tasks to PE, PE will usually log in, but I cannot switch back to FSX (because FSX bombs out). What I generally need to do is start my FSX flight, log into PE, let FSX bomb out, then restart FSX at which time PE is usually able to log in while I wait at the FSX start-up free flight screen. There must be a better way.

Thanks,
Matt
Keith Smith

Re: No Tx and general multitasking issues

Post by Keith Smith »

sorry I missed this, do you still need help on this?
matt100psi

Post by matt100psi »

Hi Keith,

I figured out the second issue (getting PilotEdge started consistently) a while ago by using alt-enter to run FSX in a window. I can now switch to the PilotEdge window without FSX locking up.

However, the no Tx issue is still ongoing. Tonight I logged in and could hear radio traffic, but couldn't transmit. I don't need to set the PTT key anywhere except the Options-->Voice dialog, correct?

Thanks,
Matt
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Correct. The only thing that would cause your TX key not work reliably is if you have FSX running as Administrator (turning this off is one of the steps in the installation documentation).

Do you have FSX configured to Run As Administrator? If so, disable that feature and you should be fine.
matt100psi

Post by matt100psi »

Hmmm...it may be, or maybe it only sometimes does, which is why PilotEdge sometimes works for me. I will investigate tonight.

Thanks,
Matt
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If that's the case, you might find that you can transmit when FSX is not the focused app, but it won't transmit when FSX is the focused app.

Taking it out of Administrator mode will allow it to work all the time.
matt100psi

Post by matt100psi »

Hi Keith,

FSX was asking me each time whether I wanted to run it in admin mode. I suppose PE Tx must have worked when I clicked no, and not when I clicked yes, though I'm not sure what would have driven my inconsistent choices. Anyway, I fixed the shortcut properties and now it works. Thanks for the help.

Matt