Time & Weather Synch?

jrlaux

Time & Weather Synch?

Post by jrlaux »

Today was my second time on the PilotEdge Network. Its a great service, I got much needed comms practice; Thanks.

It appears that time was frozen on the network as I flew my second flight at dusk but it was still mid-afternoon when I landed and parked in the FSX sim world. I live in S Calif and it was dark outside when I finished. If I run a non-PilotEdge Free Flight Time does progress.

I also noticed that the winds reported by the ATIS KSNA where exactly the same yesterday as today and they did not change hour by hour on the ATIS which leads me to believe that they were fixed even though the time on the ATIS broadcasts did progress.

Please comment if you would, maybe I have a wrong setting in FSX?

Thanks for your help,

John Laux
wmburns

Re: Time & Weather Synch?

Post by wmburns »

In FSX there's an option to tell FSX to track real time. At start up if you select "daylight", then it will pick a time in the middle of the day.

There's also an option to tell FSX to track real weather. However, many people (including myself) find the FSX default weather is ...... not very accurate.
jrlaux

Post by jrlaux »

Does the PilotEdge server input time and real weather into FSX when you log on?

I am aware of how to set real time and particular times and dates in FSX.

In my FSX.cfg I have the following setting:
[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=1

This synch's the system to the PC clock I believe, unless you change the time in the free flight settings.

Thanks,

John
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

jrlaux wrote:Does the PilotEdge server input time and real weather into FSX when you log on?

I am aware of how to set real time and particular times and dates in FSX.

In my FSX.cfg I have the following setting:
[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=1

This synch's the system to the PC clock I believe, unless you change the time in the free flight settings.

Thanks,

John
PilotEdge does not touch your time and weather. We allow you to fly with whatever conditions you'd like. However, please note that ATC will always treat the situation like you have real world weather/time so if you are using different weather/time, you'll just have to ignore that.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord