FSX: Steam Edition compatibility

Keith Smith

Re: FSX: Steam Edition compatibility

Post by Keith Smith »

You are able to use it, you just need to hit 'yes' to allow the DLL to run.
Rush

Post by Rush »

DVA, while I can't speak for PilotEdge about the 2 week trial, what I can say is that the client does work with the Steam Edition. If you would like some help, PM me and I would be more than happy to help you out.
DVA4098

Post by DVA4098 »

Keith, I followed the guide in this thread and I still get the sim connect issue. I was never given the option to hit "yes". Nothing ever popped up or gave me the choice to do so. PM sent Rush
DVA4098

Post by DVA4098 »

I was successfully able to connect and I couldn't have done it without Rush's patience and commitment to fix the problem. Thanks Rush! Looking forward to flying on pilotedge!
FrankinSanDiego

Post by FrankinSanDiego »

Rush and Keith,

I have been following this post and have the error where Pilotedge install cannot find FSX Steam. I deleted L-FSX and FSX Steam. Reinstalled FSX-Steam. Ran the simmconnect install.

I do not know how to get the set path command to work. I tried to run it from the "RUN" box on the windows 8.1 shell menu.

My path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Would you be so kind to help me?

-Frank
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I should be able to come up for air this week and see what the current state of Steam is with FSX. I'm not sure what updates have occurred since it first came out so I don't feel comfortable trying to help with this. Rush, if you are able to assist him, please feel free.

Dovetail didn't reach out to many developers (certainly not us) ahead of their release and they have changed how their installer works at least once since it first came out. It might be a rocky road until we can formally support Steam.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Sure I can help out. The last FSX update did something that complicated the process, and while I got it working for DVA, I am not exactly sure what was different about it all.

Frank, I will PM you.
DragonAsh

Post by DragonAsh »

Has any progress been made on this? I recently signed up for the two week trial, was able to get the software installed, but have been unable to get the software to launch.
Rush

Post by Rush »

DragonAsh wrote:Has any progress been made on this? I recently signed up for the two week trial, was able to get the software installed, but have been unable to get the software to launch.
Where exactly are you stuck in the process? sounds like everything installed properly, but are you getting any errors when you try to launch it?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

running the simconnect.msi that ships with PilotEdge has solved the side by side error for a lot of people, if that helps.