Problem with PTT

tesorog4

Problem with PTT

Post by tesorog4 »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble. When I fly, if i have the FSX screen selected so I can click on stuff and hear my sound, the PE client is in the "background" and thus makes it so when i push my PTT key, ATC doesn't hear me. SO anytime I want to talk I have to go back and select PE client to bring it "to the front" and then push my PTT key... this as you can tell is a problem when trying to fly during critical phases of flight.

Any help???

-Jeff
wmburns

Re: Problem with PTT

Post by wmburns »

Tell us about any add on's installed. Are you using a physical button or the keyboard? If keyboard which key are you using?

Are you running FSX or the PE client in Administrator mode?

http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-msfs

Have you looked at common error thread?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=835
tesorog4

Post by tesorog4 »

Using FSrealWX add on and PE..

Using Left CTRL for PTT

No, neither are run in admin mode.

Yes I went through the common errors and couldn't find anything pertaining to my problem.

-Jeff
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If FSX ends up running as Administrator, it'll swallows the keypress. FSX might be running in a compatibiilty mode, which would also cause it to run as Administrator (even if the option is selected).

I would suggested elevating the state on the PE client so that it runs as Administrator and I suspect your PTT will start working with PE in the background (which is the intent).

I also moved this thread to the FSX forum. Please pick the most specific forum you can for your posts. As the community grows, it will help make it easier to find posts that are applicable to all sims, or specific to just 1 sim.
tesorog4

Post by tesorog4 »

That worked! Thank you, Keith