PTT CLIENT ANOMALLY

Heavyflyer767

PTT CLIENT ANOMALLY

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Keith,

After some serious trouble shooting I would like to put in the Weird Client Issues archives, the following:

Without any changes on my sim ( FSX on Win7 64bit, FSX not running as Administrator and PE installed as Administrator and Run as Administrator as well, the client started to freeze the sim while transmitting. Flying the RealAir Duke V2. In the Transponder/ Transmit Window the green Rx/Tx would stay lit.
This apparently was caused by mapping the Saitek Yoke PTT button via FSUIPC with "Select for FS Control" ,~ PTT Transmit On(SB3,RW,AVC). Which had functioned wonderfully up until last week. I had read a thread that in the Client the Voice Tab Input box mapping to a keyboard input fixed an issue for another pilot. Which I have done. I was going back and forth between FSUIPC trying to get a mapping solution to the yoke (as in the RW). Latest flight while attempting this left me and showing the RX light on in the Transponder box and able to hear all pilots that my controller was communicating with. I was transmitting via the mapped keyboard key. That has never happened either. Is there a solution in the PE client allowing mapping to a button on a yoke outside FSUIPC . Was there a program Called Jokester which was posted somewhere, I recall? As with all HID peripherals There is the potential for issues as in PMDG aircraft like the throttles to be mapped via MSFS using SimConnect as opposed to FSUIPC. Any pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

Regards,
Pat Snyder
Keith Smith

Re: PTT CLIENT ANOMALLY

Post by Keith Smith »

make sure the fsuipc config is set to press and hold rather than repeat.
Heavyflyer767

Re: PTT CLIENT ANOMALLY

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Hi again Keith. Thanks for the rapid response. I do believe FSUIPC was set as instructed. PTT is still mapped to key. I am still hearing pilots on other freqs. that are talking to whomever is the TWR. or GND. controller miles away in reality. Any thoughts on that. Hell, I feel I'm working for the NSA.

Pat
wmburns

Frequency isolation logic is going to change

Post by wmburns »

Heavyflyer767 wrote:I am still hearing pilots on other freqs. that are talking to whomever is the TWR. or GND. controller miles away in reality. Any thoughts on that.
Please see the following for why you are now hearing pilots on other frequencies. Basicly it's a change done to let pilots know of other pilots talking to the controller. The change should reduce pilots talking over each other.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4866