FSX PE client - Feature request(s)

par2005

FSX PE client - Feature request(s)

Post by par2005 »

Hey,

1. When I turn on the avionics in my A2A cesna 182T, the client comes alive - I start hearing atc voice chat. If I do switch the avionics off (and even the battery off), the chat continues. I suppose it should be an easy bug to fix?

2. Keyboard/Hotas shortcut for IDENT and STANDBY/SQUAWK C in PE client. I am experiencing frame rate drops when the squawkbox is being rendered, so I have to hide it. And currently the only way to IDENT is to ALT-TAB to PE client, and select via menu dropdowns. Not very convenient.

Thanks!
Keith Smith

Re: FSX PE client - Feature request(s)

Post by Keith Smith »

The X-Plane client is considerably more mature. It was written from scratch and was purpose-built to take advantage of all that PE has to offer. The FSX client was licensed and modified from an existing client, it's harder for us to make those changes.

I know it's not the answer you'd like to hear, but if you can stand to consider a move to another sim platform, I would suggest that you evaluate the system under x-plane. Otherwise, when time permits, I'll consider both of those features. I doubt it will be a keystroke to do the ident, instead it will likely be a FSUIPC interface to trigger the ident.

In the mean time, if you need the comms to be silenced as part of your shutdown, simply swap to a non-ATC freq (such as 122.75) and then shutdown the avionics, it will be more or less silent. Long term, I hope to get to the features that you're describing.
crum

Post by crum »

Oh!

Not switching off comms is not a big deal. But we definitely need some way to assign IDENT to physical button! FSUIPC offset would be perfectly fine for that.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Actually it is quite easy to implement functions like the IDENT Button or the Transponder knob so that it works with the PE client, since the usual FSX offsets from SQUAWKBOX are used.
I have written a Lua script for my PFC avionics stack which now exactly reflects all the necessary functions: Switching the Transponder status with the hardware knob and IDENT with the Ident key on my hardware. There is just one little hurdle: If I dial a new transponder code, I have to switch the mode to "STBY" and then back again to "ALT", but that is not really a big issue.
If you do not have a dedicated hardware with the controls, you can also use the Local variables of the A2A planes which are provided in their forums. So you than have to use the mouse to press the (virtual) button.

Cheers, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls