Bug Found with FSX PE Client Install

Nelly42

Re: Bug Found with FSX PE Client Install

Post by Nelly42 »

I also have Joker downloaded but don't know what to do with it.
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

Nelly42 wrote:Keith, I have the Pilotedge installed and am receiving and sending. Now I would like to get the PTT switched to my yoke.
Thanks again for your help.
Nelly

If you have the full (paid) version of FSUIPC, which it sounds like you do from earlier posts, you don't need Joker. Here's what you need to do:
  1. Launch FSX
  2. Open the FSUIPC configuration panel from the AddOns menu,
  3. Select the "Buttons + Switches" tab
  4. Press the yoke button you want to use for PTT
  5. Check the box labeled "Select for FS control"
  6. Choose "PTT Transmit On (SB3, RW, AVC)" in the box labeled "Control sent when button pressed"
  7. Choose "PTT Transmit Off (SB3, RW, AVC)" in the box labeled "Control sent when button released"
  8. Click OK to save the button assignment, and then give it a try on PilotEdge
Also please note that the "PTT Transmit On" and "PTT Transmit Off" instructions may have different letters in parentheses. I have no idea what those mean, but it's important to make sure you select the two PTT options and NOT the two PVT options.

I've included a capture of the button assignment for your reference.

V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Nelly42

Post by Nelly42 »

David, I hate to sound like a dunce but, where do I find the addons menu.
Thanks Nelly
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

Once you have FSX running, tap your ALT key (on most keyboards there is an ALT key on each side of the space bar- either one should work) to show the menu bar at the top of the sim window. You should see AddOns as a choice.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Nelly42

Post by Nelly42 »

David, I opened the menu and found no addons.
I was really excited. Hopefully you have more ideas. If it helps I don't have in the files an app path.
Thanks Nelly
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

Nelly42,

Earlier in this post you said:
Nelly42 wrote:get simmarket to resend the FSUIPC
That statement led me to believe you own a license for FSUIPC. Is that incorrect? If you don't have a license, my method won't help you at all. If you do, you should re-install FSUIPC and then try the steps I suggested.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Nelly42

Post by Nelly42 »

Yes, I purchased it. But I haven't registered it yet.
Nelly42

Post by Nelly42 »

David, great news everything works now. I really appreciate your help. My problem today was I needed the FSUIPC to be registered but I couldn't get it to take my key. I finally figured out they had changed my first name in the information to Neson. I'm a +200 hour student pilot that has mike fright so bad I didn't think I could pass my check ride. So hopefully I can pass the checkride this spring. Also have my own plane C172S.
Thanks again
Nelly
Nelly42

Post by Nelly42 »

David, I got the PTT button setup and eveything works except that it doesn't. When I went to the view by keying alt,that screen now is in that mode and none of the controls work except the button I set up to key the mic. Perhaps i screwed something up when I was setting the PTT up in FSUIPC.
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

It sounds like FSX didn't map any of your controls after you did the fresh install. You have two choices - mapping the controls through FSX is very straightforward, but you lose out on customization. Mapping the controls through FSUIPC is more complicated but allows you to tune control responses and access functions not available otherwise (for example, with FSUIPC you can bind "Gear Down" and "Gear Up". Without FSUIPC, you are limited to "Toggle Landing Gear").

To map controls via FSX, just go to Options -> Settings -> Controls from the menu bar (the same bar you access by tapping the ALT key). Make sure the "Enable Controller(s)" box is checked, and then set each axis as required.

Mapping via FSUIPC is covered well in the FSUIPC documentation, but I found the following video useful when I was setting up my Saitek equipement. I would suggest NOT using profile specific configuration like the video author does, at least until you get your basic controls configured.

https://youtu.be/TkOg-r_MKwM
V-3 CAT-11 I-11