Squawkbox Error loging in

Keith Smith

Re: Squawkbox Error loging in

Post by Keith Smith »

Denny,

5 letter callsign is fine. The controller's accent was Russian :) His name is Eugene.

The LA ARTCC refers to the Los Angeles Air Route Traffic Control Center, defined here.

Here's a map of the US airspace, split into each of the ARTCC's:

PE will cover the ZOA and ZLA ARTCC's. Reference the 'WHERE' page on the web site for skyvector.com overlay for each of the facilities.

You'll cover ARTCC's in more detail if you begin your r/w instrument training. For now, though, that map should be helpful, along with the knowledge that if you refer to an airport's details on airnav.com or skyvector.com, you'll see a field labeled "ARTCC". If it says Los Angeles or Oakland, that means that it's within the PE service area.

Let us know how you do with the testing!
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Very cool, thank you so much Keith. I'm going to love this PE, it is going to be so helpful in my training going forward.

Thanks
Denny
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Hey Keith, I was not able to log in this weekend and give this a try, service was down. As soon as its back up I will try again!

Denny
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Denny,

The service was down for just a few minutes over the w/end. The beta ran last night without any issues. If we have any extended downtime, it will be documented on the Facebook page.