Squawkbox Error loging in

Denny22

Squawkbox Error loging in

Post by Denny22 »

I have FSX running at the ramp area not paused and I alt tab out to log into squawkbox and I get this error :

SendLoginInfo () aborting, unable to get required pilot data from FSInfo

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Denny
Brian Ratledge

Re: Squawkbox Error loging in

Post by Brian Ratledge »

What version of FSX are you running? SP1 or SP2?
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

One other pilot is reporting this error, I am going to look into this today with some custom debugging.
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

I am not sure exactly Brian, but about a month ago I checked for and updated to latest version. I will check tonight when I get home which version I have.

Thanks
Denny
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Ok, my version says 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

I don't see anything about SP2.

Thanks
Denny
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Hi Denny.
The XPACK includes SP1 and SP2 so you're good to go in that regard. Lets see what Keith comes up with from the debugging. And.., welcome to the forums!
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Ok thanks Brian, yea I am so looking forward to this, can't wait to talk to some real life ATC while flying.

Denny
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Ok I figured out what was wrong, I was putting in the incorrect Home airport location, changing it from N07 to KOUN, and I was also changing the callsign that was N123AB I believe is what the default was. Once I changed this I was able to connect and although I was at the wrong airport (KOUN in Norman, OK) I could hear all the tranmissions going on, very cool.

I got a couple of other questions though. 1. If everybody's is identifying themselves as N123AB how will ATC or anybody else know who is who, or is there a way to change you call sign? 2. The controller told me that they only provide services right now in the LA area, where do I find out what airports I can fly in and out of, or how big of an area I can get services in?

Also the guy controlling tonight sounded great, very nice and respectful and helpful, unlike many of them you hear in the real world.
Thanks, this is going to be great!

Denny
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Denny22 wrote:Ok I figured out what was wrong, I was putting in the incorrect Home airport location, changing it from N07 to KOUN, and I was also changing the callsign that was N123AB I believe is what the default was.
Denny, I'm happy to hear that you got it going, but the 3 changes that you made shouldn't have fixed the issue (that I know of). Therefore, I'd like to go one step at a time, undoing each of the changes one by one, and find out if it goes back to the broken state, or if it continues to work from this point on.

The three changes that you made, from what I understand, are:
1) altering the home airport in the connection dialogue box. This information is never transmitted to the PilotEdge server
2) altering the callsign from whatever you were using to using N123AB. What were you originally using? Try N456XY instead (just a random one I picked).
3) connecting at KOUN. The traffic density (as a result of the drones) has caused lockups on some machines, however, that wasn't the problem that you were experiencing before, so I doubt that will be related either.
Once I changed this I was able to connect and although I was at the wrong airport (KOUN in Norman, OK) I could hear all the tranmissions going on, very cool.
You actually should've heard absolutely nothing while you were parked at KOUN since you would've been out of the radio range of the Los Angeles controllers, HOWeVER, we have one controller with whom we have a persistent issue with his voice being heard from ranges well in excess of the normal distances. This is a known issue and will be fixed prior to launch. This controller is online a LOT, so the issue actually happens quite a lot as a result. Please know that it's not normal for you to be able to hear ATC from half way around the country, although I'm glad you enjoyed hearing it :) It's not the controller's fault, btw, there is an issue with the design of the software that only seems to affect him, due to his physical location (he's outside of North America).
I got a couple of other questions though. 1. If everybody's is identifying themselves as N123AB how will ATC or anybody else know who is who, or is there a way to change you call sign?
Nobody else is connecting with that callsign. You can see the callsigns that people are using by clicking on the Status->Pilots page. Try it on one of the beta nights and see the wide variety of callsigns that are in use.
2. The controller told me that they only provide services right now in the LA area, where do I find out what airports I can fly in and out of, or how big of an area I can get services in?
See the WHERE for a detailed description. Briefly, once we're fully launched, we'll service the Oakland and Los Angeles ARTCC's. Prior to that, we service the LA ARTCC on Wed evenings and the Oakland ARTCC on Sun nights. The lateral boundaries of both of those chunks of sky are detailed on the web site on the 'where' page.

I'm glad you're excited about the service. Hang in there, we'll definitely get you all sorted out.

Regards,
Keith
Denny22

Post by Denny22 »

Keith, ok I will change everything back to the way I was trying to connect and see if I get the same error, and then if I do I will go back through 1 at a time changing them until I am able to connect. The callsign I would like to be able to use is N826B, I notice that that is only 5 digits instead of 6, could that be the problem?

Was not totally clear yet how the system worked, so I jumped on at KOUN, tuned to ground at 121.6 and began making radio calls for taxi like I do in the real world, and thats when the controller informed me of the coverage area. The controller also had an India accent maybe, if that helps identify him, he was great though on the radio, very nice.

Sorry, but what does LA ARTCC mean? I am a new licensed private pilot as of 3 weeks ago, so I am new to this, I'ver never seen ARTCC, if I have I don't remember.

I am going to get on this weekend and do some flying in California.

Thanks for everything
Denny