installing aircraft into client

Jetblue291

installing aircraft into client

Post by Jetblue291 »

can someone share on how to add new/modify current model set for pe, for example if I wanted to have custom ai to show that I already have installed on my system. if this has already been discussed I apologize and could the thread link be posted here thanks.
Keith Smith

Re: installing aircraft into client

Post by Keith Smith »

open the aircraft folder in the pilotedgw folder. each file maps an icao codec to a fsx aircraft title.
Jetblue291

Post by Jetblue291 »

Ok, I understand that just not to sure about how to specifically add a entry for an aircraft. I've noticed multiple files in the aircraft folder all including aircraft wich file is the correct one to edit for fsx, I'm assuming they all are needed.
Jetblue291

Post by Jetblue291 »

For example if I wanted to add 5 aircraft from the ATP package that includes a .sms file, can I drop that whole file in the a/c folder or should I paste the entries I want to an existing file, and if so wich existing file, thanks in advance for the help hate to be a bother.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

you could make your own file, giving it a .sms extension (if it can be used by any sim), .smd for P3D only, or .smx for FSX only. Otherwise, you can edit an existing file that is in play (ie, being used by simulator).
Jetblue291

Post by Jetblue291 »

Ok thanks for the quick reply Keith, so as I understand I can take the entries I want from the included .sms file paste them bellow the last entry in my stock, existing pe.smx file and have the models installed all should be pear shaped. :)