Sim Connect Error

Naltron

Sim Connect Error

Post by Naltron »

So. I decided to try out pilot edge. but when i tried to connect i get " SimConnect Error You cannot connect without flight simulator running blab alba.

the sim its running and i can join VATSIM. i tried googling a solution but was unable to find one. i use the steam version of FSX.

any ideas?

EDIT: ok so i deleted my MIcrosoft flight simulator FSX none steam version, meaby that was a conflict of some sort. and reinstalled my FSX steam edition. and now the pilot edge installer says "A valid version of Microsoft FS2004, FSX or Lockheed Marting Prepar 3D could not be found."

This seems to be a really technical problem. no idea why there is not a guide with picture done already from the PE team. we are not all programmers xD I've seen some discussions but i don't understand half of what they are talking about.
stealthbob

Re: Sim Connect Error

Post by stealthbob »

Naltron wrote: no idea why there is not a guide with picture done already from the PE team

I suppose you missed this:

http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-msfs
Naltron

Post by Naltron »

That's a guide for normal installation. I'm talking about the FSX steam edition problem with the PE installer.

thx anyways. at least you replied xD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

When you have steam and normal installed, steam registers itself differently, we haven't modified the installer to handle this. If you still had the normal version I could help you debug it. My guess is that it wasn't service pack 2.

Your recourse is to reinstall the normal edition and upgrade to the required service pack, or you can work with the steam edition by telling pe to install pe only and not the sim portion.

You will lose the pop up transponder and won't have the extra model sets installed but you can still use the service.

We have to modify the installer now that dovetail is done changing how the steam version behaves.
Naltron

Post by Naltron »

I already deleted the normal edition and reinstalled the steam one. can't reinstall the normal one since i don't have the cds or keys..

i would allow someone to connect to my computer and control it to fix things. because to be honest i have no idea how to modify all the things I've read on the forums.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

In that case, try what I mentioned in the second paragraph.
Naltron

Post by Naltron »

Ok i did. installed PE and now back to the can't detect Sim when I try to connect..

Damn I would just get prep3d or xplane to get out of this pain. but I have so many paid add-ons on fsx. :(

EDIT: ok I'm going to FORMAT my computer. if this doesn't work then I'm done with fsx and will sacrifice all my addons to get a the new PREP3D. and buy the add-ons like the 737ngx and 777ngx pmdg for PREP3d. and I guess I'll give away my FSX addons somehow. no idea why I invest so much money on a dead platform :( the funny part is that I've only been on this sims world for about 1-week xS..

anyways. Xplane or PREP3D. which one it's recommended? don't care about looks, use it for practice not to admire the view.
Naltron

Post by Naltron »

Ok. I got it to work without the windows Format. deleted everything related to FSX and add-ons. everything. folders. Regedit EVERYTHING. probably an overkill but hell. it worked.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sorry for not responding sooner, lotsa projects going on at once. Which sim did you end up using?
Naltron

Post by Naltron »

Hi. its ok was fast enough. :) I'm still on FSX, I only have a really old joystick so I figure instead of spending 200 on p3dv3 its a better idea to get some pedals and perhaps a better joystick. when atc ask me to taxi its a pain to control it with the keyboard xS.