FSX Mindstar control issue

rogers55

FSX Mindstar control issue

Post by rogers55 »

I am using the Mindstar C-172 G-1000 aircraft. FSX and Windows 7. It works fine until I make the first turn after takeoff and then it goes into a hard left bank. I tried starting FSX and PE in Administrator Mode as suggested in another post but get same problem. Anyone else experienced this?
rogers55

Re: FSX Mindstar control issue

Post by rogers55 »

I have not contacted Mindstar but I shall.
I didn't make it clear on my previous post that the Mindstar model works fine with FSX, it is only when I connect to P.E. that the problem surfaces.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's interesting, we set the flight control positions on the AI aircraft, but not on your aircraft. The only thing we do with your airplane is read a bunch of data from it.
rogers55

Post by rogers55 »

Further testing on my part shows that it is apparently related to time after startup, not a particular flight event. Perhaps running out of some resource, like video memory. Still doesn't explain why this particular aircraft. I apologize for all the short test flights that sometimes terminate without explanation.
rogers55

Post by rogers55 »

Problem solved.
In the PE setup the transmit key was set to the "Insert" keyboard key. If you are using keyboard controls for flight, insert is used for left aileron. The first transmission after takeoff using a joystick triggered the left aileron function. Once triggered it stays on full left bank. It also occurs with other aircraft models, the Mindstar was just a coincidence. After changing the Transmit function to a different keyboard key, pressing Insert has no effect.