FSX Steam Edition Sim Connect Error Please Help

Kyle Weier

FSX Steam Edition Sim Connect Error Please Help

Post by Kyle Weier »

So I recently got FSX Steam Edition and I also recently got PilotEdge. I've been having trouble lately with the client. When I go to connect it says Sim Connect Error. Confirm Flight Sim is running, which of course it is. I have seen all the other forum posts regarding this but the solutions just don't seem to work. I have went into the SDK and I have installed the Xpack Simconnect.msi but that doesn't work. I have FSX normal and steam edition both installed on my system. Please help, I recently got PilotEdge and haven't been able to fly on the network yet.
Thanks.
stevekirks

Re: FSX Steam Edition Sim Connect Error Please Help

Post by stevekirks »

Kyle:

FSX and FSX:SE installed on the same PC is the problem, but getting to a fix is tough. I was in the same situation as you once before, so I simply committed to the FSX:SE version and removed the regular version, doing a system wipe and reinstall as part of the process. I don't recommend that unless you have the time, but it's the proven method of clearing out the cruft.

Keith mentioned in another post somewhere that he was working on some changes to the PE client installer to help with P3D and that might help with the FSX:SE detection now that it's stabilized.

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kyle,

Does it work if you run the standalone version of FSX?
Kyle Weier

Post by Kyle Weier »

Thx Steve for your reply and yes Keith it does work with just the standalone version. I was hoping I could get it to work with steam because it runs much better on my computer, but if I have to just you the standalone FSX without doing a system wipe then I will just stick with that.
lifendet

Post by lifendet »

How frustrating. Same issue no help. Any new info passing around ? Tried all I found no help.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We haven't listed FSX:SE as a compatible sim in the system requirements yet. As soon as the P3D v3 installer is done (this should be tomorrow at the latest), I'll be looking at the latest FSX:SE.