67L (Mesquite) underground?

bbuckley

67L (Mesquite) underground?

Post by bbuckley »

Flying FSX (I know...) anyone know why the runway at 67L disappears just inside 4nm and the taxiway appears to be in a ditch. I was flying a Phenom 100 and after the runway suddenly disappeared I did a low approach, saw the ditch taxiway and went around. I opted to land in the dirt where the runway should have been and took this screenshot after rollout and turning slightly to see it.
--Bruce
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
bbuckley

Re: 67L (Mesquite) underground?

Post by bbuckley »

It was a tough departure today from Rwy 19 @ 67L...
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

Remarks:
  • OBSTACLE AT END OF RUNWAY IS 30FT WALL OF SOLID EARTH
Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

ORBX FTX Vector can cause this. If you have it installed, run the configuration tool that comes with it (I think it's called "FTX Vector Configuration Tool") and go to the "Airport Elevation Corrections" tab. Add the airport you're having trouble with (67L in this case) to the "AEC DISABLED" box and see if that fixes it.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Kerbo wrote:Remarks:
  • OBSTACLE AT END OF RUNWAY IS 30FT WALL OF SOLID EARTH
:lol:
DavidC wrote:ORBX FTX Vector can cause this. If you have it installed, run the configuration tool that comes with it (I think it's called "FTX Vector Configuration Tool") and go to the "Airport Elevation Corrections" tab. Add the airport you're having trouble with (67L in this case) to the "AEC DISABLED" box and see if that fixes it.
Thanks. I do have the ORBX FTX Vector Freeware NA Airports installed but I can't find the FTXConfigurator tool. I checked the ORBX website briefly but I'll give it a better check and let you know.
Thanks, ---Bruce