PE client not working on FSX SE

Thomas_Horn

PE client not working on FSX SE

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Hi,

I am an existing PE customer and have moved to a new PC with FSX SE edition installed. So no FSX boxed ever on that PC before.
- I have installed the SP1 SimConnect client as advised (actually, I have installed all 4 SimConnect clients provided by Steam)
- Deleted (actually renamed) the SimConnect.dll file in the managed folder as advised
- Installed PE client: success!
- Running FSX SE - asks for confirmation to trust the 2 PE dlls -> done
- Launching PE client (as administrator): failed! error message: pilotedge_fsx.exe application error. Code: 0xc0150004

I have read through the existing topics in this issue, but could not find anything of help.
After one year since FSX SE edition is on the market, I was thinking that a solution/new installer should be available?

Thanks, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
wmburns

Re: PE client not working on FSX SE

Post by wmburns »

I did some Google searches on 0xc0150004 and found several threads regarding failures that can occur IF a missing C++ re-distribute package is not installed.

That got me to thinking. Normally any additional required software is installed along with a package. However, I have encountered missing software during install and have seen differences in how the install process actually worked when the installer itself is run with administrator privileges.

For example, run the installer with standard user privilege and the required software is NOT installed.

Re-run the installer WITH administrator privilege and then any required missing software is also installed.

Unfortunately it has been too long for me to remember the exact combinations of software and flight simulation packages involved. But I KNOW the results were very different between the two install cases.

This is NOT the same as running the application as administrator AFTER the application has been installed. My suggestion is to run the install job itself as administrator. The proof would come if when the installer is re-run with administrator privilege that it also installs additional packages

Does FSX-SE work correctly offline?

What is the OS (Win7, Win8, Win10)? I have also encountered some odd "stuff" installing software on a pure Win10 system.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Hi,

my operating system is Win 7.
I have reinstalled the PE software and ran the installation routine as admin - no difference.
FSX SE works offline without issues.

Just for curiosity, I also tried to launch the P3D client (I have not installed P3D) and received the same error message.
When I launch the FS9 client, it works, and I receive the message that neither FS2002 nor FS2004 is installed (which is true), but at least the program starts.

So, maybe the reason has something to to with SimConnect? All my other applications using SimConnect work fine (TrackIR, A2A airplanes etc.).
Is there anything I have to put in manually in the SimConnect.Xml and SimConnect.cfg? The server address there just shows "myserveradress" which seems is a place holder.

As already mentioned, I have all SimConnect clients installed which I found in the Steam folders (in total 4).

It is a very new system, just FSX SE is installed with all the add ons, no old garbage there...

Thanks, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Now that the P3D v3 installer is done, the next step will be to tackle FSX SE.

Have you tried running the SimConnect.msi which ships with PilotEdge?
lifendet

Post by lifendet »

I can't wait for this to work on steam. My days of flying tubeliners on Vatsim are over. Time for some practical flights in the bravo. Talk about being impatient lol.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Keith Smith wrote:Now that the P3D v3 installer is done, the next step will be to tackle FSX SE.

Have you tried running the SimConnect.msi which ships with PilotEdge?
Hi Keith,

Yes, I also tried the SP1 SimConnect installer provided with PE. Same error message Code: 0xc0150004 when I start the program. :(
I will try a complete reinstallation of FSX SE over the weekend, maybe some files are corrupted.
Luckily I have a backup of a clean Win 7 installation, which makes life a lot easier :-)

Off topic: I purchased the VFR workshop - really great stuff in there, especially the old fashioned navigation to the grass strip in flight 2!

Cheers, Thomas
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I just did a Steam reinstall and you need the SP1 SimConnect and I run the client as Admin on my Windows 10 box:

1. Install Steam
2. Install SimConnect from FSX SP1 (included with the Steam distro in the FSX SDK folder)
3. Install PE Client.

Those steps got it to run, but the PTT key wouldn't work reliably, so I set it to "Run as Administrator" and now no probs.

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve,

If FSX runs as Administrator, the PTT won't work unless either:
a) PilotEdge is the focused app (practically impossible to maintain), or
b) PilotEdge runs as Administrator.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

...after a fresh installation of Win 7 and FSX SE, I was able to install the PE client and connect to FSX.
I have not yet tested the speech transmission, but I guess that should work as well.

I do not use the keyboard assignment for the PTT button, but the FSUIPC command and mapped a joystick button for this function.
lifendet

Post by lifendet »

I'm still trying to figure mines out. No luck like you guys but I haven't tried a fresh install as yet. I dred doing a fresh install. Yuukkk