Can't transmit on FSX / Steam / Windows 10

richl

Can't transmit on FSX / Steam / Windows 10

Post by richl »

I can't figure out how to transmit on PilotEdge. I can hear everything fine, but no matter what my key bindings are they don't cause the Tx light to light up. I don't think Steam runs games as administrator. Could it be a Windows 10 thing perhaps? Does anyone have any tricks for getting the transmission working? My audio settings appear to be fine in Windows.
richl

Re: Can't transmit on FSX / Steam / Windows 10

Post by richl »

Ah, I think I've got it - I had to set PilotEdge to run as administrator, and I'm getting the light now.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's correct, it's a well known issue that if you run FSX as Administrator, then you need to do the same with PilotEdge. This is mentioned in the installation docs, although I understand that almost nobody ever reads them.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:That's correct, it's a well known issue that if you run FSX as Administrator, then you need to do the same with PilotEdge. This is mentioned in the installation docs, although I understand that almost nobody ever reads them.
There's something about the Steam edition that must be messing this up. My FSX.exe file is not flagged as "run as admin" but I *have to* run the client as admin or it does the same thing.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It could be that Steam is running as Admin, so anything it spawns also runs as Admin regardless of the EXE setting.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:It could be that Steam is running as Admin, so anything it spawns also runs as Admin regardless of the EXE setting.
As best I can tell from my settings, steam.exe is not set as admin.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge