Does ATC request squawk codes?

richl

Does ATC request squawk codes?

Post by richl »

I'm having a lot of trouble getting an interface working in FSX to set a custom squawk code. I can ident but that's about it. I'm planning to practice flight following over the next few days. Can PilotEdge work around an inability to set a squawk code?
wmburns

Re: Does ATC request squawk codes?

Post by wmburns »

Explain HOW are you setting the squawk code (keyboard, 3d Cockpit, physical gear)?

Which airplane are you using? Have you tried it on different airplanes?
richl

Post by richl »

I'm flying a Diamond DA-40, which is DLC. I've read about the issue existing with many different planes that use the g1000 though, I think it's an issue with that component of the sim. Basically the XPDR button is inactive so it's impossible to set it. I'd be happy to use a different panel, but not to change aircraft or the instruments as this is my study for my PPL and I'm keen to keep everything the same if possible. If there's a way to set it with a keyboard shortcut that would be awesome but I haven't found anything in FSX that lets me do that. Thanks!
richl

Post by richl »

Ah, I got it - the panel buttons don't work, but clicking the actual numbers on the PFD cycles through them. Problem solved, thanks for the help!