FSX steam simconnect

wilgage

FSX steam simconnect

Post by wilgage »

Hello everyone!
I've decided to try the free trial of pilotedge, but I can't get it working on FSX steam. I know there are plenty of discussions revolving around steam compatibility with PE, but none of them seem to solve my problem.
I keep on getting the simconnect error while trying to connect, so there is no way for me to join the server. I've tried plenty of times but can't get it working. I've done the method of install simconnect from SP1A and removing the .dll in the legacyinterfaces folder more time than i can count, but I still get the error. If anyone has PE working with their FSXSE, please let me know. I have uninstalled FSX on my pc before installing FSXSE.
Also, If I can't access the network during my free trial, is there any way of resetting it? PE seems like a great program, and I wish to try it out someday.
Thanks in advance!
-Will Kasdan
stevekirks

Re: FSX steam simconnect

Post by stevekirks »

With regard to your trial setup, you can contact the PE support team (support@pilotedge.net) and see what they can do to help. I have FSX:SE as my only FSX install but haven't had any issues. I had to do it in this order:

Install FSX:SE
Install PilotEdge client
Install the SimConnect that ships with the PE client

I actually have three different versions of the SimConnect DLL running to handle compatibility issues on my setup, and once they are all installed, I haven't had issues since.

The PE support folks can work with you via email if you get really stuck...

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

I also had problems with the PE client on FSX SE.
After a full fresh install of FSX SE, it worked without any problem. Maybe dovetails changed something in the installation, I don´t know...

Of course it is very bothersome to install all the scenery again, but it may take less time than trying around like you described.

Believe me - the PE client works with FSX SE - I guess you know already that you should run the client in administrator mode? (right click, run as administrator)

Good luck, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
bushpilot

Post by bushpilot »

I went through a thorough purge of my drives, reinstalled Win7 (pro 64), installed FSX:SE, Orbx Basic and Vector, and Southern California, and finally the PE client. It is working at present with no issues.
i7 4770k 3.5, 32gb RAM, nVidia gtx 780 surround, Win7 pro 64, P3Dv3,
Orbx SoCal & NoCal, Active Sky Next, TrackIR 5
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

...great!

How is your performance with FTX Socal?

I have reverted back to FTX Global due to the massive performance hit with SCA :cry:
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls