FSX Computer Crashes with PilotEdge

larrythek

Re: FSX Computer Crashes with PilotEdge

Post by larrythek »

For anyone who had followed this post, I've had at least six PE flights since re-installing the PE client, and haven't had a single computer crash. Hard to believe from the symptoms, but this appears to have worked. Thanks to Steve and Merv for your solution.
iracer99

Post by iracer99 »

This may be in the wrong spot, sorry if so.

I am fairly new to PE (studying for V-03), and had been listening to the PEreceiver while flying on FSX with no problems (Windows 7).

I just got a new PC with Windows 10, everything is working fine except when I try to listen to PEreceiver, FSX stutters, and PEreceiver stops responding. I made one short flight on the client and that appears to be ok.

Any idea what could be the problem with PEreceiver, I really find it useful to listen while practicing for upcoming ratings.

Thanks in advance,
Tommy
Cherokee N5299X
Legacy N707TC
svilenv

Post by svilenv »

For what it's worth I have had the same issue with the PE Receiver under Windows 10 ever since I started using it some 6 month ago. It hangs (freezes) with 100% CPU load on one of the CPU cores after a maximum of 30 minutes work, it averages probably 15 mins without a crash. This behavior is consistent across 3 separate Windows 10 PCs (different hardware configurations). It never crashes while unconnected to the voice channels. The Mac version of the receiver works fine.
Svilen Vassilev (N217S)
PE I-11 graduate, Certified Armchair Pilot
| Youtube flight recordings | Livestream