FSX-SE install...

smokeyupahead

FSX-SE install...

Post by smokeyupahead »

Hi everyone.

Is there a way to install PilotEdge in FSX-SE? I tried but the installer doesn't find the path.
I really would like to try this before my trial ends.

Thanks,
David
Keith Smith

Re: FSX-SE install...

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm seeing this pretty late in the game, sorry. An email to support@pilotedge.net would be a good way to go for time-critical questions like this one. I'll reach out to the OP via email as he's likely long gone...but for closure in case anyone else reads it...

FSX:SE installs itself differently within the registry depending on whether FSX standalone has ever been on that machine or not. The PE installer can't detect FSX:SE when it installs itself in that 'alternate' mode. The workaround is to use the multi-machine PE installation option, selecting the 'this machine will run PilotEdge only'. This causes it to not even attempt to detect the simulator. Of course, it also means the AI aircraft and pop-up transponder aren't installed as a result, but it will at least let you get up and running. If you don't have the AI aircraft installed, you can remove/backup the PilotEdge\aircraft\sbx.sms and vip.sms files. This will stop PE from trying to create aircraft within those non-existent model sets.