DX10 PE Black FullScreen

bbuckley

DX10 PE Black FullScreen

Post by bbuckley »

Anyone had this problem or ideas on what it may be? Help greatly appreciated!

I've been flying FSX (specs below) on PE for almost a year now. I have been flying DX9 fullscreen with no issues. I just installed SteveFX DX10 Fixer and am trying to run in DX10 for some graphics improvements. After setting everything up I have it running great in both windowed and fullscreen mode UNTIL I connect to the PE Server. After connecting if I switch to fullscreen I get a totally black screen but it's obvious the underlying FSX is running. I can switch back to windowed using alt-enter and then everything is fine. If I just disconnect from the PE Server I can then switch to fullscreen fine. The FPS and shadows are much improved over DX9 so I'd like to get it fixed. I'm searching the DX10 and Fixer forums and support but it's really odd to me that it seems to be directly related to connecting to the PE Server and disconnecting fixes it. Is that a SimConnect problem? Just guessing?
Thanks,
Bruce

Specs:
FSX boxed DX9 with Acceleration, WIN 8.1 64bit, i7-4790K @4.32GHz, GTX 970 4GB, 16GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD
Add-ons: REX4 TD w/SC, ASN, PE Client Carenado PA-28A, Carenado Phenom 100, Aerosoft F14X
Scenery: LatinVFR KSNA & KSAN, Sim720 KCRQ, MSE California South 2X, MSE KLAX / KSAN Ultra Res
Last edited by bbuckley on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
Thomas_Horn

Re: DX10 PE CONNECT PROBLEM

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Did you try to deactivate the PE interface window (where you set transponder mode) before you switch to full screen?
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
bbuckley

Re: DX10 PE Black FullScreen

Post by bbuckley »

Here is a question from the developer of the DX10 Scenery Fixer libraries from his AVSIM support site to my post there. Keith or other do you know?
SteveFx
Posted Today, 02:37 AM

I am not familiar with pilot edge - do they launch any tools?

I recall someone mentioning a full screen issue with Ivao

http://www.avsim.com...-ivap/?hl=+ivao

If you search for the fixer guide on nzfsim that describes how to hide the Windows borders and create a pseudo full screen which might be a workaround?
Thomas_Horn wrote:Did you try to deactivate the PE interface window (where you set transponder mode) before you switch to full screen?
I'm not sure I know what "deactivate" means but I'll look. I have "Disconnected" and gone fullscreen OK, but if I try to "Alt-Tab" to get to the PE Client to "Connect" the FSX mode switches back to Windowed and I'm back at square one. I've also downloaded and reinstalled the latest PE Client.
Thanks,
Bruce
Last edited by bbuckley on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

I did "deactivate" by deselecting the Flight Simulator Transponder check and the PE transponder window went away and fullscreen works fine then. The only problem comes when I have to IDENT. And I don't get to see the receive and transmit indicators but that's not a big deal, just used to it. I might be able to create a clickable spot on the VC transponder to IDENT.

I'd still prefer to use the PE transponder window if there is a way to do it.
Thanks,
Bruce

EDITED Topic to better reflect the issue. UPDATE: Thanks Thomas for the advice. I deactivated the PE transponder window on top and programmed a button in FSUIPC to IDENT. I could also program a button for Mode C but I just turn it on in the client before going to fullscreen. Quick check today online and all is well. I'll get used to not seeing the receive / transmit indicators. No problem. I'm guessing this is a Windows 8.1 / DX10 thing about not having a window open on top of fullscreen FSX.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

bbuckley wrote: I could also program a button for Mode C but I just turn it on in the client before going to fullscreen.
Just be aware that the transponder mode in PE may jump to "standby" if you change the transponder squawk code. So would recommend to program a button for mode C and press it each time you change the squawk code.
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
daninwv

Post by daninwv »

I'm using 3 monitors with widescreen active. Everything looks great until I connect to PE and the PE window is active.
I don't understand where Thomas is turning off the PE window. Also.. where are you assigning button presses? I looked at the FSUIPC settings and could not find a mode C (altitude) or an Ident feature to assign a keypress to.
Note that using just one of the monitors NOT in full screen works fine.