Need help with Mic transmission

jaymitiguy

Need help with Mic transmission

Post by jaymitiguy »

Hello All,

I'm a student pilot that's new to the sim world and new to pilotedge as well. I'm having issues getting my mic to transmit using FSX Steam with PE on a windows 10 machine. I can hear the tower and other pilots in the area but no luck getting my mic to transmit. The squawkbox won't activate the TX light when I push the mapped key (caps lock in both PE and FSX). Am I missing something here? I've scoured the forum and internet and nothing seems to be working for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SPECS:
Windows 10
MFSX
PilotEdge
Kore headset with pilot USA adapter to PC
Mic is setup as default in windows
ridikamus

Re: Need help with Mic transmission

Post by ridikamus »

I have only used Prepar3d and the boxed FSX but the most common cause of that problem is a program permission mismatch. If the sim is set to run as administrator (and it often is), you need to run the PE client as administrator as well. Right-click the PE client icon and choose "Run as Administrator..." from the list. You may be prompted to allow the program to run.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

also be sure to set the mic as "default communication device" vs just "default".
I'm not at my computer but I remember there being a difference in the two and has solved my isses and a friends.
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Best to contact support@pilotedge.net with matters like this rather than a post in the general forum.

Chances are that you are running the Sim as administrator. Per the installation instructions, if you run the Sim as administrator then you must also run PE as administrator, or the ptt won't work unless PE is the focused app.
jaymitiguy

Post by jaymitiguy »

Thank you all for the help. I'll try the "run as admin" solution and let you know the outcome. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Jay
jaymitiguy

Post by jaymitiguy »

That worked! Thanks again for the help
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

jaymitiguy wrote:That worked! Thanks again for the help
Splendid! To save yourself the right-clicking and context menu hunting every time you launch PE you can:
  1. Right-click the PilotEdge client application shortcut
  2. Click the Compatibility tab
  3. Check the box labeled Run this program as an administrator
  4. Click OK to save the change
V-3 CAT-11 I-11