LatinVFR KSNA Problem

bbuckley

LatinVFR KSNA Problem

Post by bbuckley »

I've been working this for months now, talked multiple times to the developer and posted on AVSIM. No solutions anywhere so I thought I'd at least see if anyone on PE has experienced a similar issue.
I'm running FSX Acceleration, on a 4790k / GTX970, pretty decent machine. Windows 10. The airplane I use most of the time is the Carenado Archer. The issue is there are several textures (I know specifically which ones) that when I am flying inbound to KSNA in the Archer don't process the alpha channel correctly and I end up with "blocky trees" (see pic). If I pause (when taxiing in) and go to windowed mode, the scenery reloads and is fine. If I start up at KSNA everything is fine. If I fly a different airplane (the Carenado Phenom for example) everything is fine. I believe that there is something about the LVFR textures and the Archer cockpit textures that is exceeding a CPU / GPU processing capacity in flight until I pause and reload. But for the life of me I can't seem to adjust anything in the fsx.cfg to fix it.

This is just a desperate last ditch attempt to see if anyone else has had the problem. I also have LVFR KSAN and no issues there even though it uses a couple of the identical texture files.
Thanks,
Bruce
PS: This is why I always seem to be flying short hops into KSNA, I change something then do a short test flight.
All those black blocks are tree textures where the black alpha channel isn't being rendered transparent for some reason. LVFR KSNA is a pretty graphics intense scenery...
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB