Before I start.

Joe_SD

Before I start.

Post by Joe_SD »

Hey guys,
New here and hade a question before I install this. Am I safe to say that I can use FSInn/Copilot for VATSIM, and SquakBox for PilotEdge? Or If I read it correctly, will I still run FSInn/CoPilot with SquakBox running in the background? Not god with the TECH stuff and don't want to mess it up. Thanx
Joe
Brian Ratledge

Re: Before I start.

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Hi Joe. Welcome to PilotEdge. I was flying on VATSIM using FSINN before I installed SB4. I followed the installation instructions for SB4 and never looked back. No problems. If you have trouble let us know. We are here to help.
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

There have been reports of sim lockups that were fixed by disabling AIBridge (which is associated with FSINN). You can certainly have FSINN installed, that's no problem, but you should disable that process in the system tray prior to using SB_PE.
Joe_SD

Post by Joe_SD »

Ok, I made it to the Start section of SB. It dosent have PilotEdge as a server choice. I think I did the copying of the second download into SquakBox folder wrong, as it didn't ask for DLL overwrites. May need to catch Will on my teamspeak.......
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Joe, when you unzip the SB_PE.zip file, you'll see:
- a bunch of DLL's,
- an EXE file
- an 'aircraft' folder
- a 'networks' folder

All of those should be copied into your existing Squawkbox folder. Do it in stages if you feel more comfortable.

The contents of the NEW networks folder should make it into the OLD networks folder. It doesn't sound like that's happened.

Take your time, understand where the old files are and the new files need to go.

The general concept is that you're installing SB4, then you're copying some new files over the top of your existing SB4 installation. Perhaps that will help put the instructions in context.

Keith
Joe_SD

Post by Joe_SD »

Ok. Now I see PilotEdge as the server. However when I fill everything out and try to connect, I get a protocall error: connection refused.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

What is the exact title of the window when you fire up the pilot client?

Verify you are selecting the main PE server rather than the dev server?

Any firewall in play?
Joe_SD

Post by Joe_SD »

Server PILOTEDGE: PilotEdge
Network PILOTEDGE
Name PE Public Server
Address pilotedge.net

No firewall that I know of?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

And, what is the exact title of the window when you fire up the pilot client?

I need to find out whether you're running the original SB4 client or the SB_PE client that we distribute. It needs to be the latter, otherwise it'll be speaking the wrong language.
Joe_SD

Post by Joe_SD »

Should there be a squak box PE start selection. All I have is for FSX and for 02 and 04 versions. When I click start the first screen I see is what I typed in above. ie same as what is in the walk through for connecting.