Aircraft drawing improperly

MXMiles

Aircraft drawing improperly

Post by MXMiles »

I was fortunate enough to be in the pattern with a nice crowd of fellow pilots tonight at ONT. Had a very enjoyable experience. However, I noticed as I was taxiing to parking there were a number of planes parked on the tarmac that looked like a large airplane empennage with a question mark on it. Is this a software incompatibility issue? Is there a way to resolve this so that the aircraft appear in their correct model and livery? Thanks again for the great controlling!
DrZGard

Re: Aircraft drawing improperly

Post by DrZGard »

I have observed this testing with FSX and not with xPlane. Non recognized aircraft are supposed to be represented as C172 I believe although there seems to be a glitch with some of these. I don't get on PE to plane watch so it hasn't bothered me and am confident it will get solved in the near future.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If there is an aircraft that's connected with an ICAO code that we don't have a model for, it uses the 'default' aircraft. That USED to be a the 172, but somehow that change was lost and it's now the paper airplane again.

This will be re-examined in an upcoming cleanup of the client.
MXMiles

Post by MXMiles »

I heard the traffic referring to themselves as beech bonanza which is a fairly common aircraft and I would have thought they would be coded on my game software. I do realized this is probably low on the lists of concerns for this network so this is not meant to sound like a complaint. It does remove me from the realism factor but does not harm to the primary goal for me to learn communications.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I incorporated the change into the new PE Client, it will now show a 172 if it doesn't have a mapping for the aircraft.

There are two common issues: 1) people use an ICAO code that is incorrect (usually from X-Plane where you type in the ICAO code by hand), or 2) we don't ship with a model for that aircraft.

With the fallback to the 172, it should be less distracting, visually. Over time, we hope to add to the model library considerably.
MXMiles

Post by MXMiles »

Great! Thanks, Keith.