Pilotedge

MXMiles

Pilotedge

Post by MXMiles »

I'm having issues with the pilot client not working with FSX. I have downloaded and installed the pilot client per the instructions and after starting FSX I get this message:

"Pilotedge was unable to establish a connection with a running copy of Flight Simulator. Flight Simulator must be running and have the FSUIPC module installed in order for Pilotedge to operate correctly.

You are seeing this message because Flight Simulator is not running, or there is a problem with the installation of the FSUIPC. Please choose one of the options below.

Retry
Start anyway, for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002
Start anyway, for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
Exit Pilotedge"

I do have FSX running when I start the program and it is not on pause. I was able to use the beta program fine (although it did take some tweaking in the beginning too). Please help if you can. Thanks!
Kangaby

Re: Pilotedge

Post by Kangaby »

You are running the FS 2004 version of the client. You need to start the FSX one.
I had the same issue. For some reason Win 7 put the 2004 one on the start tab.
If you go into All Programs|Pilotedge you will find both.
Pin the correct one to the task bar.
MXMiles

Post by MXMiles »

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll try this when I get home.
MXMiles

Post by MXMiles »

So I tried the suggestion above and I no longer get the same message. But I am still not able to connect to the server. I just get a protocol error message. I am following all the set up configurations as laid out in configuration settings described on the website.
Kangaby

Post by Kangaby »

I've had the protocol error, but it shows up when I disconnect. I've been able to connect and sit on the tarmac and watch the planes come and go in FSX for a reasonable amount of time without any problems. Haven't been game to go any where yet, US air space looks really scary (I'm from Australia), and at this point I'd probably just get in the way.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

MXMiles, verify you're using your email address and password that you use to login on the new web site?
MXMiles

Post by MXMiles »

Affirmative on both counts.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'll set up a screen sharing session with you and we'll check it out.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Fixed, it was a colon in the password. Perfectly reasonable under normal circumstances, but our service has a problem with it. We'll get this note posted on the account management screen and will prohibit passwords with colons for now.
DrZGard

Post by DrZGard »

Nice to hear its working after the colonectomy!
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888