[fixed] Not accepting my PilotEdge password

dengineer

[fixed] Not accepting my PilotEdge password

Post by dengineer »

This is the first time I am able to get through the instructions for loading the client and getting the proper connection dialog box to come up with a valid server instead of a blank line and now it I get an error message when connecting saying that my password is invalid. As far as I know I have the correct password. Please advise.
Brian Ratledge

Re: Not accepting my PilotEdge password

Post by Brian Ratledge »

I would verify the password first. You can use the forgotten password feature here: http://www.pilotedge.net/users/sign_in
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
dengineer

Post by dengineer »

Brian, Thanks for the advice but I just tried the whole process as suggested, changed my Pilotedge password and tried to start up Flight Sim X and Squawkbox. The connect dialog box came us as expected and I completed the blanks with the new password and the same error message came up with invalid password etc. Is anyone else having this problem?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi there, we can setup a screen share to look into this. Available this evening? PM me as Brian is tied up this weekend.

Does your password have a colon in it by any chance?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can you specify exactly which pilot client you're using? If it's stock SB4, that has never worked with PE. If it's the SB_PE client that was used during the pre-Oct 1 beta testing, that no longer works due to changes in the login/passwd scheme (this is explained in the global announcement in the forum).

If you're using the PilotEdge client for FSX, then we can help get you up and running. However, if you're using anything other than the PilotEdge client to connect to the PilotEdge network, that would be the issue right there.
dengineer

Post by dengineer »

Hi Keith,
I have a grandson birthday party today but I expect to get back for around 6 PM EST and will go take a look at my emails. If you can find time tonight around 6PM to 7PM time frame I will send you a PM. I followed the instructions on the Download for MS Flight Sim X and noted that a previous message from you indicated to use SB_PE so I downloaded it again just to be sure. I believe I have the correct setup; I see the Squawkbox Add-On in Flight Sim and click on that to Start it and it brings up the various running tasks fetch etc and the connect dialog box looks right though it does not have PilotEdge as the server. I put in my info and when I connect it kicks back with an error message about invalid CID/password. Anyway I think it is a problem with my setup but not sure what it is since noone else seems to be experiencing this. So I will look you up this evening and by the way I am totally impressed with you and your operation. The fact that the president and CEO of the company makes time for a simple customer like me is very cool and I can tell you that your success is going to happen because of your persistence, it is infectious. Thanks. DJF
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I appreciate your enthusiasm and am pleased to hear that you appreciate the work we're putting into supporting each customer as best as we can.

You may have misread the previous message.

You need to discontinue using SB_PE or SB4. You should uninstall it completely (it may not uninstall cleanly. If that happens, simply remove the C:\program files\squawkbox or C:\program files(x86)\squawkbox folder by hand AFTER running the uninstall process).

Then, you should visit the pilotedge.net web site and download the PilotEdge client (pesetup.exe). Follow the installation instructions on the site, and you should be in good shape. We don't need to meet one on one until you've executed these steps and if you're still having an issue.

My guess is that you're running SB4 as a module right now (the stock VATSIM client) and are actually attempting to connect to an entirely different network :)

Not to worry, we'll get you up and going. I think some of the confusion is caused by the old steps from the beta testing process being markedly different to the production process now that we've launched.

Note, the new PilotEdge client does NOT run as a module. If, when you're all done, you still find yourself launching the client from within FS, then something is amiss. You can only launch the PilotEdge pilot client as a separate application.

Let us know how you make out!
dengineer

Post by dengineer »

Hi Keith,
OK I think I am getting closer. First I did what you suggested and deleted the files associated with Squawkbox and SB_PE and I think I cleaned them out properly downloaded the pesetup.exe file and launched it as instructed. Actually I think I took care of this earlier because I did not get the two "trust DLL files dialog when starting FS. But when FS started though the squawkbox Add-On was gone so I assume that is good. I started PilotEdge Client from the start menu and the message I got was that the FS does not have FSUIPC installed or something to that effect. When I clicked on help it led me to Firefox internet and indicated that I need to get the installation correct with Squawkbox so I guess there is something I did not do correctly to get rid of Squawkbox. Please advise when you get chance. I will keep the computer on while watching the Patriots game. DJF
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Go to the start menu, all programs, pilotedge.

You should see two programs, one for fs2004 and one for fsx.

Run the one for fsx.

The one you are seeing in the start menu short list is for fs2004.
dengineer

Post by dengineer »

Keith,
I selected the one for FS X but got the error message earlier but I did it again and this time it was successful so I am logged in and I'll try a short flight now. Thanks for all your help and your patience. DJF