Task-Saturated Penguin FBO open at Torrey Pines (CA84)

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Keith Smith

Re: Task-Saturated Penguin FBO open at Torrey Pines (CA84)

Post by Keith Smith »

Tell ya what, Marcus, I'm going to try to Make Torrey Pines the hub (it's furthest from the cluster of the other FBO's), can you update to only point to Torrey Pines? I'll update my config so only Torrey Points points to you...I'm going to see if I can get a hub/spoke thing working here.

The goal is to make it so you can start at Torrey, pick up a bunch o' jobs (since all the other FBO's will point to it, which should generate reciprocal jobs), drop them off at all the spokes (picking up jobs back to Torrey in the mean time), then return to Torrey.

If the airports are too close together, the job value will be minimal...I think this is going to work :)
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Done
gavink42

Post by gavink42 »

I've moved my rental planes (Cessna 206 and Piper Cherokee 180) over to CA84, and given them a "healthy" distance bonus, to encourage them to return to the penguins!

- Gavin
Last edited by gavink42 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
- PP ASEL, instrument, complex, high performance
- Member AOPA, EAA, IMC Club, Piper Owner Society
- Cherokee 180C owner
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I have set up two of my FBO's (33CA and L09) To generate assignments to Keith's FBO's (CA84, 25CA, 2CA4)

If anyone else would like me to add their PilotEdge coverage area FBO's to generate assignments, I would be happy to.

Lee
Last edited by lwilliams on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Williams
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

lwilliams wrote:I have set up two of my FBO's (CA33 and L09) To generate assignments to Keith's FBO's.

If anyone else would like me to add their PilotEdge coverage area FBO's to generate assignments, I would be happy to.

Lee
Fallbrook (L18) please. Thanks!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alrighty, they've had a night to run the job generation and I think I see what's going on. I have CA84 pointing to Marcus' FBO (Fallbrook) and my 4 other nearby FBO's. My 4 other FBO's also point back to CA84 (and nothing else).

It seems as though each airport is capable of producing 2 pax at once (either in 2 x 1 pax jobs, or a single 2 pax job). However, the job might be TO the FBO, or FROM the FBO. This rings a bell from the docs now that I think about it. So, it'll be possible to make a quick run to all the FBO's and make money, but the return flights might be thinner). I guess we'll see what pattern emerges over time.

As a result, there's lots of jobs out of CA84, but not necessarily a lot coming back. I'll see if this changes over time.

Lee, I would love to point to you if you had something nearby, but since these are small strips that generate very few jobs, I am trying to build a hub with several close-by (< 50nm) spokes so that someone can do a quick run and make some cash.

Pointing to Stovepipe Wells from the SAN area from a small strip to a small strip, unfortunately, doesn't fit the model and won't allow me to hit that goal of having a hub that produces close-in jobs for helicopters to fly.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just rented 3 gates at RNM and pointed to CA84, this should do the trick!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:
Lee, I would love to point to you if you had something nearby, but since these are small strips that generate very few jobs, I am trying to build a hub with several close-by (< 50nm) spokes so that someone can do a quick run and make some cash.
No problem. I want to see what the effect of adding other airports will be anyways.

Lee
Lee Williams
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Marcus Becker wrote: Fallbrook (L18) please. Thanks!
Done...lets see what happens.
Lee Williams
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Looks like the FBO is gaining some interest. I just tried to pick up 3 Pilotedge Tourists to take them to L18 but somebody snatched it up before I could add it to my que.