Baxter's Forms a Hub with PE in Mind

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
JeramyH

Baxter's Forms a Hub with PE in Mind

Post by JeramyH »

The virtual company I own over at FSE has formed a hub with PE in mind. Baxter's Flying Service is proud to announce the forming of a hub at KPOC. Here is the post I made on the forums over at FSE:

Baxter's flying service was working late into the night sealing the deal on a new hub in Southern California. This new hub is located at La Verne, California (KPOC).

This hub is designed with the live ATC service provided by www.pilotedge.com in mind. Pilotedge is live ATC in only a small part of the world, Southern California right now, but looks to expand North in the near future.

Because of this small coverage area, ALL ATC is provided all the time. No checking to see if tower is on, or if ground is up and running. In this part of the world it IS ALWAYS up and running during their scheduled time (8am to 11pm Pacific Time).

These controllers are trained and offer ATC just as it is done in real life.

They offer a great training program as well, so if you are new to flying as real as it gets, they will train you on airspace, radio calls, approaches, departures, VFR, IFR, anything else you would expect in real life.

The hub was just created last night, and this morning it is starting to generate some assignments. I'm guessing the hub should be up to full strength within the next 3 days from this post.

Note that if you are not interested in flying the pilotedge network, that is fine, you can fly these through FSE alone and put some cash in your pockets. Pilotedge is NOT a requirement to fly this hub. But it is pretty darn cool to have that depth of realism added to your flying. Take that along with the economy here at FSE and you have a pretty awesome sim experience in store!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.
Keith Smith

Re: Baxter's Forms a Hub with PE in Mind

Post by Keith Smith »

Cool, it's nice to see folks from FSE finding ways to integrate with PE!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Had to try it out. I made JeramyH some money in the process.

Keep up the good work, mate!
Lee Williams
JeramyH

Post by JeramyH »

Thank you sir! If you have any questions about how things work over there, don't hesitate to ask.
JeramyH

Post by JeramyH »

Baxter's has now changed hubs from KPOC to KVNY....Flying out of the busiest GA airport in the world at Van Nuys is a GREAT time!

If you love PE and the realism that it along with FSE offers, you must come to Van Nuys......
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

VNY used to hold that title, but it's since moved elsewhere. It's still a great airport, though! I went ahead and corrected the identifier for you in your post, too.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

KDVT - Deer Valley outside of Phoenix was the busiest GA airport in the world for 2010. Not sure which airport it will be this year.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Well year to date from the ATADS database, DVT has had more airport ops (296k to 278k) but VNY has had more tower ops due to overflights (316k to 302k).
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net