Newcomer FSE question

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
dental1

Newcomer FSE question

Post by dental1 »

Hi
what is the easiest way to incorperate FSE with PE for someone who is interested in flying for a purpose but is not concerned with building companies and the economic side of it.
thx Lee
Keith Smith

Re: Newcomer FSE question

Post by Keith Smith »

You don't have to build any companies, FBO's or buy any planes. However, the economics of it are unavoidable. Don't worry, it's still fun.

Find a plane within the PE service area that you're interested in flying and that is available to rent. You can then use it for a bunch of hops. Make sure you make more money on the hops than it costs you to rent the plane (should be easy to do). I did that for a few months using King Airs and Barons, had a blast. I eventually had enough to buy my own Baron. I'm saving up to buy a Jetstream.
dental1

Post by dental1 »

Hi
thanks Keith for you quick response. I will give it a try. Also it's been a great experience so far on pilot edge.
Lee
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Lee

If you need help getting started contact me offline, as i have a little network of rented gates (KWHP - KRAL - KRIV - KCRQ).

Also there is a hub and spoke that has been built out at KSAN, and plenty of small pistons to rent.

Thanks
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Keith

What is your id on FSE?
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I fly with FSE as well. I own Fallbrook (L18) and Warner Springs (CL35). There are some great opportunities to fly FSE on the PE network. It just takes a little searching. Don't forget that non-towered airports are fun to fly to/from as well.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Marcus Becker wrote:I fly with FSE as well. I own Fallbrook (L18) and Warner Springs (CL35). There are some great opportunities to fly FSE on the PE network. It just takes a little searching. Don't forget that non-towered airports are fun to fly to/from as well.
Hi Marcus. I'm just getting started on FSE (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4317). What exactly do you mean when you say you "own" those two fields? (I'll confess that I haven't read the FSE manual yet... that's now on the top of my to do list). Should newcomers stake a claim on some small, uncontrolled airport in the area that they fly (i.e. PE area) to get the most enjoyment out of FSE?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

He means he has an FBO at each where assignments are generated and fuel can be sold/purchased.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Thanks Lance. But it doesn't mean some sort of "exclusive" access to that airport or anything, does it? Because that's how I keep reading it when people say "I just got such-and-such airport!", like it's a first-come-first-served / you-snooze-you-lose kind of thing.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Cyrus wrote:Thanks Lance. But it doesn't mean some sort of "exclusive" access to that airport or anything, does it? Because that's how I keep reading it when people say "I just got such-and-such airport!", like it's a first-come-first-served / you-snooze-you-lose kind of thing.
Nope, it just means he has to keep the airport supplied so you as a pilot can fill up. 8-)
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air