FS Economy and Pilot Edge FBO

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
David Gilbert

FS Economy and Pilot Edge FBO

Post by David Gilbert »

Hi Guys,

After watching Keith's last live stream I've just been made aware of existence of FS Economy. I've been reading through the threads from a few years back and seen there were ideas about an FBO being created for the Pilot Edge area. What is the current state of this please? Having had a very brief look through the manual I've seen that create groups and share bought aircraft instead of leasing them. It looks like a lot of fun and am really keen to start using it on the network. Im a member of British Airways Virtual so get my airliner flying in through that and have been looking for a GA flying club and this looks like it could be just what I've been looking for! Can anyone shed light on any FBO's or groups that have been set up or is it a go it alone situation?

Cheers David
Normal call sign: N8295L or TPX
Keith Smith

Re: FS Economy and Pilot Edge FBO

Post by Keith Smith »

Love FSE, but have never found much value in the concept of groups. The best outcome is that FBO's are set up which have jobs that fall within the service area. Thankfully, this has already happened in spades (albeit most of the FBO owners aren't on PE, not that it matters a great deal). As a result, there are tons of jobs and planes to be had within the socal area. If people would like to set up and advertise their FBO's, I'd be totally supportive of that, too, the more the merrier.

FSE is great because it gives you trips to fly and you're rewarded for flying them as efficiently as possible. Couple that with ATC and it really is a lot like being a charter pilot or owner/operator who is trying to save gas :)
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

Thanks Keith,

Watched the replay of your Twitch stream (due to the time zone difference it was about midnight here when you went live :D ) and saw the value of FS Economy. Just waiting for my account to be created so I can start. As you say couple it with PE ATC and you have an awesome flying experience. Always found having a purpose to flying in your flight sim makes all the difference.
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

I fear this could become very very addictive! :D Only done three flights and I'm already hooked!