FSEconomy

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Keith Smith

FSEconomy

Post by Keith Smith »

Do any pilots here fly on FSEconomy? I'm looking into it to see how it might work here and wanted to get a sense if anyone was already using it or has used it in the past.
Tim Krajcar

Re: FSEconomy

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Yep, I've used it extensively (and with PE, too). It's great.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I should've been more specific, sorry...for those that have used it, do you have any ideas about its suitability for use with PE (sounds like Tim is using it in some form already)? Are there any steps we can take to encourage its usage? I'm getting signed up over there to get the lay of the land.

My understanding is that if we operated an FBO or passenger terminal in that system, we could generate assignments within our coverage area.

Is that about right?

Edit: disregard, I've received a very thorough briefing on this. This is awesome. Since PE is so GA-friendly, I suspect this could provide an excellent mission for sim enthusiasts who might be interested in PE, but are looking for an interesting source of flights, and a purpose to their flying.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

three quick flights and made some virtual $$ for me,
and made some money for the PE group in FSE.
a ton of fun!
CMEL-IA/IGI
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Good job, Mike. The group and its purpose will be changing quite a bit soon, don't worry too much about it for now. Fly planes and have fun :)

Keith
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Signed up and did 2 flights. I earned $1293 for less than 1 hour of flight time :) Sweet! How do I join Pilotedge's FBO?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil, are you aware that you can load multiple jobs onto one flight?

3-10k profit per hour is pretty typical if you load the plane up!

I have FBOs at KHHR, L70, KCLR and KSQL, but there are great assignments just about everywhere.

My sites are new and are still building up assignments.

See the norcal and socal threads.for places to start. Pay attention to seat counts and payloads. Fill your plane up to make some cash!
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I have done a few flights on FSEconomy (on while logged on PilotEdge). It is definately a nice fit to Pilotedge and can become quickly addictive.

Here's my question. I am hopeful that someone can explain this to me.

Below is another flight I want to do.

Pay Location From Dest NM Bearing Cargo
$1,359.00 KHHR KLAX KSAN 92 141 2 Navy Personell

Why is the "Location" different from the "From". There are few aircraft at KHHR to do this task.

Would it be more logical to just start from KLAX, if the aircraft was there?

Can anyone help? I have found nothing on the docs and couldn't locate anything on the forums.

Lee
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee,

The 'from' field is where this assignment originally started. The 'location' is where the contents of the assignment are RIGHT NOW.

The LOCATION is critical. As you can see, that assignment started at LAX, heading to SAN, but stopped at HHR, and that's where it lives right now.

If there's a plane at HHR, you can pick up that assignment at HHR. If you look on the LAX page, you will NOT find that assignment, because it's no longer physically there.

This came about when I was shuffling goods from LAX to HHR to start the FBO. I saw the LAX-SAN assignment and thought, "well, I might just take this over to HHR for someone else to do!"

I flew the assignment, landed at HHR, shutdown engines, applied parking brake, then canceled the assignment from my list.

This is the incredible power of FSE...it keeps track of where everything is at all times.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee,

It's VITALLY important that you look for other nearby assignments, too. Taking just one assignment on the plane rarely makes sense.

Notice there are 3 assignments from HHR to NFG, which is on the way to SAN! So, load 'em all up (if you can fit them), fly to NFG, end the flight, rake in the money for those assignments. Then, click 'start flying' again to initiate the flight from NFG to SAN.

It's ALL about multi-leg trips and stacking up your assignments.