FSEconomy

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
lwilliams

Re: FSEconomy

Post by lwilliams »

I see, so in this case LAX is not needed.

Thank Keith, I'll finish this off for you, my friend!

lol

Lee

Edit: Actually, now it is. Its the only place that an aircraft is available......so much to consider.
Lee Williams
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I also found out that trying to refuel while the plane is in the air is a bad idea. I'm still trying to get used to the purchasing of fuel; how much and whether to rent "wet" or "dry". My third flight in I learned the hard way. After take off I noticed a low fuel warning light on. I panicked and tried to adjust the fuel in the "weights and measures" area of XPlane while in flight. FSEconomy promptly gave me a notice that I can not do that and cancelled my flight. I didn't try to cheat I just didn't understand how much control FSEconomy had over my settings. Apparently they control the weights and measurements settings based on your payload and fuel purchased. I was greatly impressed by that! They seem to know what they're doing over there at FSEconomy - lol!
Last edited by Phil_ANW on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Nice try, Phil!!!
Lee Williams
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Regarding the "bonus", also new to FSE but after a number of short flights using a piston twin, the bonus element was not very relevant.
However, that is not the case in a jet!
Flying what appeared to be a lucrative, multi-mission Falcon 7X a few hundred miles away from it's home base, and that bonus became a big "negative". Ended up losing close to $5,000 from the paltry Cash and bank account!
Ha, negative earnings to complete that, and two other segments.
Made it up in the scheme of the multi-route, multi-assignments, but it was a good lesson, as are most financial decisions in FSE.
Be warned, fun, addictive, and bad (a.k.a. "greedy") decisions can be costly, ... or leave the pilot flying a lot to recoup the losses! :oops:
CMEL-IA/IGI
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, Mike.

SBA and BUR are PACKED with goodies right now, if it helps.
JeramyH

Post by JeramyH »

New to PilotEdge, but an old vet over at FSE.

I just purchased a bunch of FBO's in FSE that are ALL in the PE coverage area.

I'm willing to put something together with everyone here that also enjoy FSE as far as pooling our resources to make the area as fun as we can, with as many FSE destinations as we can.

Let me know if anyone else is interested!
toosox

Post by toosox »

JeramyH wrote:New to PilotEdge, but an old vet over at FSE.

I just purchased a bunch of FBO's in FSE that are ALL in the PE coverage area.

I'm willing to put something together with everyone here that also enjoy FSE as far as pooling our resources to make the area as fun as we can, with as many FSE destinations as we can.

Let me know if anyone else is interested!

Wecome aboard JermyH I have found this is a great way to learn how to fly for people like me who can not hold a pilot cirt because of health. add FSE to the mix and you have a good reason to go places.
FSEconomy as fun as it gets

Cessna 172 ( N2095k )
JeramyH

Post by JeramyH »

I'm a lucky one, I do have my private pilots license in real life, and want to use pilotedge to stay sharp on the radios.....I get that AND FSE? Dream come true!
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Welcome, Mr. H... good to see another friendly face around these parts.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
wdhurley

Post by wdhurley »

Has there been any further steps to intertwine FSE and PE? Is there a way we (PE) could go in as a group and buy an FBO at a busy airport? It could be a generator of revenue and we could sell fuel to the pilots here at cost or at least at a discount. I am relatively new to FSE so I'm still broke, but I'm very interested in pushing for an official PE group. Thoughts?