Hello All

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
lwilliams

Hello All

Post by lwilliams »

Wow, I get to be the first to post here.

I think FSeconomy looks like an interesting proposition. I am a little concerned about having to go into planemaker and edit the plane each time you want to connect to FSecomony, but overall, the concept looks appealing.

I am a member of a fantastic VA, but my addiction is with GA aircraft and this looks like it can marry my addiction of GA aircraft with my addiction for missions and my addiction for PilotEdge.

If a Guinnea Pig is needed, sign me up!

Lee
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Re: Hello All

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Lee,

You beat me to the punch. I am working on a FSE Primer document that will be posted here to give an overview of what it's about. Some of it will overlap with existing documentation, but it will also contain additional tidbits, such as the fact that in X-Plane, you do NOT have to edit the airplane to make the description match the aircraft that you're renting. The 'set alias' command in the FSEconomy plugin is a viable alternative. You can use that (only has to be done once, then the plugin will remember it each time) to make the name match the official FSEconomy title for the airplane.

Please do sign up for an account over there. I'll have the primer done soon.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I'm with Lee, I'm becoming very fond of our VA's GA aircraft. My favorite is their Beech Bonanza. They also have a kick butt Cessna 337, which I'm dying to give a go with on Pilotedge. Since FSEconomy appears to be predominately GA flights it has piqued my interest. I wonder if FSEconomy will go with commercial jets in the future? At any rate, seems promising.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil,

The docs for FSE specifically say that it's all about GA, not commercial, so don't expect to see the big airliners getting added. That's what VA's are for.

I've spent some time on FSE in the last few days, and it's pretty incredible.
toosox

Post by toosox »

been a member of FSE since the start on and off seen a lot of changes over the years but it has aways stayed GA style with a few larger craft like the c130s.

It is a great way to fly different places , without trying to find somewhere to fly. Untill i joined FSE i would fly local places i knew, always large airports. Once i joined FSE i found a lot ofplaces i didnt know where there and started bush flying in the PNW last year .

This year i went back to basics C172 c208 and some of the piper turbos ( normally fly the pipers in x-plane payware) then a few days ago I joined PE and learnt a lot about things i never knew

Like -----
The coastal routes , how to do a pattern and the basic talk/use radios to communicate to real people.

anyways have fun and enjoy FSE

Andy
FSEconomy as fun as it gets

Cessna 172 ( N2095k )