FSEconomy Group?

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
djrisc

FSEconomy Group?

Post by djrisc »

Hey all!
I just started flying on FSEconomy and I was wondering if there was a group of PE users that are flying together in an FSEconomy group I could join?

I generally try and just take jobs in the PE coverage area, and right now I only have earned $8,000 so I'm just flying around small GA aircraft like Piper Arrow, C172, etc.

Happy Flying!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Re: FSEconomy Group?

Post by Keith Smith »

I haven't really seen groups work very well in terms of allowing individuals to build wealth. They're great for creating private jobs that only the group can see, and giving access to airplanes, however the revenue side normally doesn't work well.

The B1900 and King Airs are generally the best platforms for building the most revenue in the shortest period of time. Fill 'em up with passengers (or as close as you can to it) on short trips (flights that are twice as long don't often pay twice as much per pax), and you can make $8-10k an hour if you really hurry.

That said, chasing money on FSE gets tiring and fairly boring. I've found a nice compromise is to fly those same platforms but don't worry too much about trying to fill up the whole plane. I can easily make $3-4k each on those runs, and I do them on PE with full startup, taxi, and often under IFR (as opposed to offline, start on runway, VFR direct with a kamikaze straight-in approach, shutting down on the runway, etc).
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I think Keith makes some good points here and I wouldn't fall into the trap of strictly chasing money. A social aspect to a group may be its place.

You will likely lose the enjoyment of the whole experience of owning aircraft, FBO's and the strategy in chasing income.

In a little over a year, I managed to acquire four FBO's and the list of aircraft below:
Registration Type
C-AALW Cessna 152 Aerobat
C-ABLW Diamond DA20 Katana
C-ACLW Cessna 172 Skyhawk
N111LW Cessna 172 Skyhawk
N112LW Piper PA-24 Comanche
N113LW Piper PA-28 Archer
N114LW Mooney M20 Bravo
N115LW Beechcraft Bonanza F33
N116LW Piper PA-34 Seneca
N117LW Piper PA-46 Meridian
N118LW Dassault Falcon 7X
N119LW Beechcraft Bonanza A36
N120LW Diamond DA20 Katana
N121LW Eclipse 500
N122LW DeHavilland DHC-6 Twin Otter
N123LW Cessna 152 Aerobat
N124LW Robin DR400
N125LW Beechcraft King Air C90
N126LW Beechcraft Baron 58
N127LW  Mitsubishi MU-2B
N128LW Beechcraft 1900D

...all while maintaining the enjoyment . Almost all are in PilotEdge territory, or close to my actual home.

Also, I suggest that you don't feel like you need to have an FSE assignment to use PilotEdge. 90% of my flights on PilotEdge are FSE, but there's so much enjoyment just hanging out and taking in the community.
Lee Williams
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

I'm actually not even worried about earning money with it. I honestly installed it as it gives me an excuse to fly to fields I wouldn't normally fly to. So it adds a purpose which makes it a little less "I guess I'll randomly fly here today."

Thanks again for the tips!!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

So I think I'm ready to start with FSE. Would everyone suggest watching the tutorial YouTube videos? I've read most of the manual and it seems a little daunting, with all of the aircraft file editing and plug-ins.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Getting the plugin working can be tricky. Focus just on that for now, and on getting an account with them (if you don't have one already). No need to edit the aircraft file (if you're using X-Plane), you can use the Set Alias function in X-economy to tell FSE what type of plane this actually is. You do it once per plane and then forget about it.

The thing you'll want to become proficient in is searching out planes and jobs. Let us know when you're at that point and then one of us can do a live stream to give you an example (that's the best way to see it).
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

So I think I'm ready to start with FSE. Would everyone suggest watching the tutorial YouTube videos? I've read most of the manual and it seems a little daunting, with all of the aircraft file editing and plug-ins.
I just got started a couple days ago on x-plane. I didn't need to watch any videos and found it pretty simple to get started.

I'm using X-plane, the plug ins are easy to install (there are a couple traps), and I haven't had to touch a cfg file yet (the plug in can take care of that for you if needed).
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
BluesmanEP

Post by BluesmanEP »

Hi Steve,

Don't be daunted, FSE isn't so hard. I've been on since July and can't imagine sim without it :)

I haven't seen the videos myself, but I'm sure they're a good place to start. There is a lot of information in the manual that you don't need to worry about right now (details of running FBOs, transfer assignments etc.)

Also, if you have trouble getting the client connected I'd be happy to help!

I would recommend that you get setup over at the FSE forums - everyone there is really helpful!

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions!

-Evan
BE58 - N4854B
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Moderator note: I've moved this to the FSE forum since it's...you know....about FSE :)
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

I didn't even see the FSE forum, sorry about that Keith!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.