Autopilot (FMC) Problem

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Phil_ANW

Autopilot (FMC) Problem

Post by Phil_ANW »

Has anyone else noticed a problem getting the autopilot to work when flying FSEconomy on Pilotedge? I'm speaking specifically of the FMC system. I've tried two different FMC systems and one goes blank and the other lights up but displays inaccurate data. I'm using XPlane 9.6x.
lwilliams

Re: Autopilot (FMC) Problem

Post by lwilliams »

Not here, Phil.

Seems to work okay on the FMS.
Lee Williams
Steve Caffey

Post by Steve Caffey »

Does the plane you're renting in FSE have an autopilot? It's been a while since I used FSE but I seem to remember not every plane has an autopilot "installed", and if it doesn't, the FSE client will disable the AP in your plane. Just like it adjusts your fuel and payload.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve likely nailed it. You have to see if the plane you are renting is equipped with AP, or the plugin will disable it.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

That makes sense - Thanks.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

On second thought, what Steve mentioned cannot be the problem, because the airplane used for the FSE flight engages the FMC fine when I'm not on Pilotedge. Also when I fly the FSE airplane on Pilotedge alone the FMC works fine. It is only when I fly with both FSE engaged and while connected to Pilotedge that the FMC doesn't work.