Pacific Med Air Ambulance (Updated: Includes FSX scenery)

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Scott Medeiros

Pacific Med Air Ambulance (Updated: Includes FSX scenery)

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Pacific Med Air Ambulance is a brand new operation focusing on flying Patient Charter flights in or near the PE coverage area. This outfit is starting from the ground up, with a fleet goal of roughly 2-3 turboprops (kingairs), 1-3 small jets, and 3-5 helicopters.

This group is brand new with 0 a/c and $0. Pilots interested in this type of flying are welcome to join now and become joint owners.
Last edited by Scott Medeiros on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwilliams

Re: Pacific Med Air Ambulance

Post by lwilliams »

I'll see if I can find some assignments to help you out.

Good luck!
Lee Williams
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Updated jobs list.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Love the spirit of it, but the implementation of Groups on FSE has left me wanting (unless I'm misunderstanding how it all works). The expenses of the flight are covered by the Group. A percentage of the revenue from a job goes to the group, with the remainder going to the pilot. Contrast that with the experience of flying as an individual, and I find myself wanting to use a combination of planes that I've bought, as well as planes I'm renting, which are always easy to find.

Am I misunderstanding how groups work? What % do you propose to pay pilots who fly in the group you've set up?
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Right now I have pilot compensation set at 65%. Not sure how competitive that is compared to other groups out there, but I plan on raising the rate to 80% once we're up and running.

My thought/plan on my groups is this, created as a "company" with a goal to build the group to a few KingAirs and Helos focused on simulating air ambulance ops in the PE area. Anyone who has interest in simulating air ambulance operations are welcome to join, but it would be more of a joint partnership in making $$$ to acquire our own aircraft. Once we have our aircraft, the rate goes up giving the pilots more compensation for their time with a small cut to fund the aircraft ownership costs. As in the real world air ambulance operations have a thin margin, so I also created a cargo company to supplement the tiny income from running a KingAir with 3-4 patients on board, just as most air ambulance operations are done by companies with charter divisions.

I guess in the end I'd consider it a "PilotEdge Air Ambulance Flying Club".
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Attached is FSX scenery for LA hospitals (including helipads), and a spreadsheet for their corresponding FSE airports.
FSE ZLA Hospital Referance.xlsx
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
ZLA_Helipads.zip
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 417 times