Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Peter Grey

Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to some investments I've opened up 3 FBOs in eastern CA/Southern NV for those looking for a FSEconomy experience on PilotEdge.

These FBOs are located at P20 (Avi Suquilla), 49X (Chemehuevi Valley), and 1L4 (Kidwell) and will generate jobs to each other and other airports with the PE coverage area.

More FBOs are coming soon to more PE airports.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
trigger_fsx

Re: Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

Post by trigger_fsx »

Nice!
Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

After some experimentation with FSE I have decided to move to a more traditional hub and spoke style system for the Golden Eagle Network.

P20 will now act as a hub and create trips to 1L4 and 49X along with trips to other hub airports in the PE coverage area (IGM, 46CA, SAN, TOA).

1L4 and 49X will only generate trips back to P20.

This system will allow people to fly to P20 from other major PE area hubs, do some out and backs in the system and then fly back to another PE area hub when done.

If anyone has any other hub airports they would like me to point P20 at please let me know.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

We are happy to announce that scenery is now available for P20 for X-plane and is under construction for our other airports.

You can download the P20 scenery here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk5y2gjrodi5q5r/P20.zip?dl=0

Note that this is my first time making scenery so don't expect the super high quality you see from our other scenery makers.

Scenery includes accurate taxiway layout and a mostly accurate ramp layout.

This scenery requires openscenery.

If any of the more experienced scenery makers want to improve on what I've done go for it.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
laptop903

Post by laptop903 »

There appears to be some sort of runway light in the middle of the runway. Not sure if that's just on my end though.

Jacob
UK Pilot (PPL SEL). Learning the FAA way of doing things. Currently doing the groundschool portion of the ATPL.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Apparently the VASI decided to relocate itself... Thanks for letting me know.

The above link has been updated with the new version which moves the now correct PAPI back to the proper spot.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

The Golden Eagle Aviation Network is happy to announce the opening of 2 new FBOs for your flying needs.

A20 - Sun Valley, AZ
1L3 - Searchlight, NV

These 2 FBOs are now generating jobs to the Golden Eagle P20 hub, and the Task Saturated Penguin 46CA Superhub.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

I must say, out of the very few times I've flown this hub, I've found the experience of flying a twin much "easier" than the TSP network. Why? Because the airports are easy to find and are near very easily identifiable landmarks (i.e. from P20 to 49X, just follow the river up - the large numbers of trees make it hard to find places like Hoffman....). Only drawback is lack of aircraft - it would be nice to get some more variety (I would ferry some of my aircraft over, except for the fact that I'm poor and don't own anything :() If anyone would be willing to get their aircraft over to P20 from anywhere in the US, shoot me a PM and I'l gladly do it (for a fee of course :D).

Just a few examples.....

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=93503 (in case you can't tell by the map, I ended up back at Hoffman....)

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=93496
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Thanks for stopping by.

The next goal once I have fuel at the FBOs is to start buying some airplanes to base out of P20.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

If you already have the fuel stockpiled somewhere(s), I could probably help haul some over the next few days - I have the week off and don't have anything to occupy myself with :)
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed