Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
davidspreckeriii

Re: Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

Post by davidspreckeriii »

I'm confused at what you're meaning Keith, I know both you and Peter work for PE. Hell i regularly join in on your streams on twitch. Peter was asking for ideas or opinions, from what I thought was anyone who's flown the routes. As I've flown on FSE through both TSP and Golden eagle locations I was saying that it's working well in my opinion, but that y'all should do what you want as they're your FBOs. I apologize if my post was misunderstood as meaning something else.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

David,

No problem, I misinterpreted what you meant. It's a moot point now in any case because after some discussions with Peter this evening, I think we're going to leave things as is with P20 being the hub for Golden Eagle Aviation. People will realize over time that there are some great runs to be had out there with the current configuration. I don't mean to flip/flop on it, but I haven't been able to actually have a decent discussion with Peter about it until this evening because of my availability.

So, P20 is pointing at 46CA exclusively. The other Golden Eagle hubs are pointing at 46CA and P20. Other fields are also starting to point to P20, so it's widening it's scope as a hub, which is great. It all contributes to the goal of a healthy, sustainable approach to having "appealing jobs" within the PE area. I say that in quotes because we're learning that different people look for different things from PE. This configuration allows for the widest range of possibilities.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

The Golden Eagle Network is proud to announce our newest FBO location at L35 (Big Bear, CA).

Im currently on vacation so its nothing but an FBO shell right now, but in the next few days I hope to have the PT up and running and fuel available for purchase. Ill announce when that happens.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Peter Grey wrote:The Golden Eagle Network is proud to announce our newest FBO location at L35 (Big Bear, CA).

Im currently on vacation so its nothing but an FBO shell right now, but in the next few days I hope to have the PT up and running and fuel available for purchase. Ill announce when that happens.
That's great! I PM'd the old owner over 6 months ago trying to negotiate a better price but he never even looked at it. Good job!
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Peter Grey wrote:The Golden Eagle Network is proud to announce our newest FBO location at L35 (Big Bear, CA).

Another 1 down, how many more to go :)

Keep it up guys, soon all the airstrips will be taken and then need to set sights on the larger airports :)

I hear they go for millions :)
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

I'm glad you snagged this, Peter! I noticed the closed FBO a few days ago but have no idea how "takeovers" work. I had considered notifying Keith, but got distracted and figured no one would care anyway.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

L35 is now fully running with AVGAS and jobs available. Jet-A will be a few more days but I don't tend to see lots of jet traffic at my FBOs.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

On the topic of jets: If only the TPX airports had FBOs and jobs, life would be complete :D Will definitely be giving Big Bear a spin - thanks Peter!
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

A couple of changes to the Golden Eagle Network.

First with new networks opening Keith has requested I reorient where the gates point in order to better use the new networks available on PE.

Based on that request all airports still point to P20, but no longer point to 46CA (except P20). Instead they point as follows:

P20, 1L3, 1L4, and L35 point to KSNA
P20, 49X, and A20 point to KCRQ

Additionally the Golden Eagle network has reached a point where it pays for itself. Based on that and the new large networks and groups of aircraft being brought in I no longer see a need to expand the Golden Eagle offerings. A couple people had donated V$ for this purpose, I have refunded that money as I don't intend to make any expansions to the Golden Eagle Network.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net