Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
zengei

Re: Golden Eagle Aviation Network Grand Opening

Post by zengei »

DanHenderson wrote:Hello all, I've made some X-plane scenery for P20 if you are interested. It is based on landsat data from USGS and Google Maps. The older images which x-plane placed to runway to are when P20 had one taxiway, the smaller one, and the awkward large taxiway in the new airport is the old runway. This does upgrade the length of the runway to current images with 6250 feet versus the old ~4700 feet, and should widen the taxiways.

Dropbox should let you get the zip file, and hopefully you enjoy flying out of here on FSE!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/om08485hc55yi ... zip?oref=e

Let me know if you see any issues or have any suggestions. Thanks!
If this is accurate to the real world, I suggest submitting it to the X-Plane Scenery Gateway.
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

Cool, I've flown into this airport a few times doing long runs from 46CA. Thanks for making some scenery.
Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

I've heard through Keith that a few people have asked to change where the Golden Eagle FBOs point to.

Currently it's set up as a double hub and spoke system.

So each of the "outer FBOs" (49X, 1L4, 1L3, and A20) point to P20 and 46CA.

P20 points just to 46CA.

A couple people have requested that I remove the P20 hub and just point everything to 46CA.

I'd like to get the opinion of the group before I make such a change.

I've hesitated doing so for a couple reasons so far. First 46CA has a hard time accepting larger FSE aircraft, If you have to go to 46CA for any TSP flight then you limit the aircraft you can use. P20 is capable of supporting pretty much any FSE aircraft.

Second doing so would make it harder for me to operate the FBO network. I don't get a ton of traffic to the FBOs (on average 3-5 planes a week) so my preference is to keep a P20 based run possible for me to make some quick cash without having to go to 46CA.

If the overwhelming preference however is to get rid of the P20 hub I'll most likely do so.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Forgot to mention there is a hypothetical third option.

Currently the way the system works on average there will be 3 people trying to go from 46CA to an outer FBO, and 3 people trying to go back to 46CA. Additionally each outer FBO will have 3 people trying to go to P20 and P20 will have 3 people going to each outer FBO.

P20 will have 12 people going to 46CA, and 46CA will have 12 people going to P20.

Or in other words:

There will be 36 jobs to/from 46CA (the FBOs are all set to have 1 person per job), and 24 jobs going to/from P20 (that don't involve 46CA).

Or enough to fill up a B1900 at 46CA or a B350 at P20 to hit all 4 outer FBOs (or fill up by going to each outer FBO to either 46CA or P20). Much past this and the "booking fee" penalty will become an issue.

I can reconfigure the network so that nearly all jobs go to 46CA. Specifically I'd set it up so that the outer FBO's only point to 46CA while P20 points to both 46CA and the outer FBOs.

This would make it so that there would be 50 jobs going to/from 46CA, and 10 jobs going to/from P20 from/to the outer FBOs.

This would make it so that you could fill up to a DC-3 at 46CA to go to the 5 FBOs. And at P20 you could fill a BE58 to go to the other 4 FBOs.

This is sort of a compromise solution that puts greater focus on 46CA but allows those who don't want to go that far to stay around P20.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

My guess is that when someone has a plane they'd like to fill up at 46CA, if there are only 3-4 pax going to a single airport, they may not get excited about planning a 13-19 seat flight with a relatively low job count.

You could always try it for a period of time and see what the resulting traffic flow looks like. I routinely see the 6-12 pax runs getting hit on a daily basis in and out of 46CA.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

My guess is that when someone has a plane they'd like to fill up at 46CA, if there are only 3-4 pax going to a single airport, they may not get excited about planning a 13-19 seat flight with a relatively low job count.
Unless you have it set up as a 2 way point you'll never get above a 6 average to 1 airport with a 2 lot FBO. Only way it'll work in that group of airplanes is to go to multiple airports near each other.

For example 1L3 and 1L4 are 7 miles apart, A20 is another 15 miles away from 1L3. Fill up for those 3 airports and you can start to get a good number of jobs.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm aware. You'll sometimes see 10+ jobs (with only 2 going the other way). By having 3 spokes in play, the number of outbound jobs from 46CA will be compelling. Between the 3, there should be healthy number of inbound/outbound jobs.

I am interested to hear what people are looking for, though.
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

I have a 10 pax plane that I can normally fill on trips from/to 46CA by stopping at a pair of airports. The way the numbers work out one airport may get skewed in one direction, but it will likely even out in the other direction. Your airports are close enough and at a nice enough distance that I could easily justify flying a load out there, hitting two, and then flying back. I do this with a number of Ken's airports along with some of the CAL AIR fields. Personally I would suggest pointing them all to 46CA.
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

Peter,

I think you should do what you want with YOUR FBOs, if you want money, do what brings most to your locations. When I was flying the b200 a few weeks ago, I took 13 from 46CA to three of the locations there, dropping a few off each time. Each time I also picked up a few at each location enough to then take 13 back to 46CA making about 20k round trip. For me, that works... Though I'll not be in the area as I'm currently flying my helicopter back from GA. 400 nm down, only 1300 nm or so left depending on deviations north.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

David,

Peter and I work together at PE and the networks we have built on fse are work related.