Task Saturated Scenery - Updated 1 March 2015

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
wmburns

Re: Task Saturated Scenery - Updated 1 Feb

Post by wmburns »

David Gilbert wrote:Chris, gotta ask, what's the sheep doing there? I can understand the girls etc but the sheep?
<In best Homer Simpson voice>
mmm Sheep<smacks lips>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt8F51snX2o

Just in case my Wife asks, I was interested in the Mustang. Not one thought about the girls....

In all seriousness what great work! My main interest is in "cockpit flying" so the external visuals haven't been a priority to me. I'm going to have to give this a try. Ooooh my poor "budget friendly" video card.....
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

So did a quick pattern at 46CA and holy smokes that is a narrow runway. The beacon and windsock were sheared off during my landing. I left the 172 at the Penguin ramp and walked over to the big hangar. The taxiways were obviously designed for something more this size:

How far can the creative liberties be taken? Could a get some rabbit lights or a taxiway width improvement? :)

Seriously, this was great to have. Nothing like seeing sheep on short final...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Steve, I actually doubled the standard runway width. It's only 40 feet wide in real life. I should probably adjust the taxiways at some point.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Narrow runways aren't limited to private airports. My home airport has a 40ft wide runway and there's an MU-2 based there. I've also had maintenance done at an airport in Pennsylvania which had a 25ft wide runway. They're out there!

One of the things that is so appealing to me about 46CA is that it has some challenges. Landing at LGB, ONT, SBD....nothing to it. It's the small airports that actually pose a challenge. I brought the MU-2 into 46CA early this morning in X-Plane...it was sporty!
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:Narrow runways aren't limited to private airports. My home airport has a 40ft wide runway and there's an MU-2 based there. I've also had maintenance done at an airport in Pennsylvania which had a 25ft wide runway. They're out there!

One of the things that is so appealing to me about 46CA is that it has some challenges. Landing at LGB, ONT, SBD....nothing to it. It's the small airports that actually pose a challenge. I brought the MU-2 into 46CA early this morning in X-Plane...it was sporty!
"You know what it takes to land at Rancho VAlecito? Brass balls..."

I'm firing up X-Plane now (4:23AM Pacific) and try a hop from Gillespe over to 46CA and see if I can even avoid hitting a mountain.

EDIT: Mountain avoided. One go around and made it on rwy 10 but not well. It seems next to impossible to see well at all. Thank goodness for the well lit tennis court--that helped me find it through the early morning haze.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
jagipson

Post by jagipson »

I second the notion of "keeping it real." It would rob the joy of accomplishment to make the runway something it's not.

So, ksmith, you're flying an MU-2 now... May I ask which file? Also specifically in regards to 46CA what were your flaps/approach speed?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

X-Aviation's MU-2. Flaps 40, and just shy of 100kts (it was light).
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Assuming this is scenery for x-Plane?
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

I had a very, very, very, very, very, very faint hope that it might work for P3D... ;-) I might have to update my x-plane and find a decent plane... :D
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air