Cessna 152 L11 Challenege

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
pilot7369

Cessna 152 L11 Challenege

Post by pilot7369 »

Gents,

Today I decided to fly a couple of FS economy flights in the 152 out of Catalina. I noticed there were a few passengers looking for flights between AVX and L11, a little heliport to the south of the island. I didn't really do any flight planning and departed to L11. When I established visual contact, I was surprised to see the lack of a lading strip. I knew it would be inconvenient for me to fly the pax back to Catalina as they were paying for my services and I didn't want to let them down ;). I set a 60 knot headwind and made a fairly rough landing on the helipad. I did, however, bring the pax to their destination! Here's the over-controlled landing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/67b18e6fte1df ... d.mp4?dl=0

After landing I decided to pick up another couple pax and take them to Catalina because why not. I didn't start a recording from the beginning but was forced to after the departure. After landing in Catalina, I captured the replay if you guys want to check it out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/67b18e6fte1df ... d.mp4?dl=0

After taking video of the departure from L11, I decided to fly back (this landing was a lot better but I didn't record it). My challenge is for you guys to perform the same flight on FSE and save the little 152 from that little heliport (I recommend taking the MNTN1 Departure procedure as showcased above). It appears that assignments are regualrly spawned between these two airports so I recommend you guys give the landing a try as well. It isn't very hard but it's a lot of fun. Feel free to post a link to you're departure or arrival down below.

Disclaimer: Please excuse the somewhat low resolution of the video, I was using OBS and am still figuring out the program.
Carl Baumann
PPL and PE I-11 rated
X-Plane Win. 10

Usually fly under callsign N437SP or TPX